Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Free GPS kit from Asus

I got registered. It told me it timed out, but I went back and it let me login and register my tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Gotcha, was just curious. I would have chalked it up as a fluke, but, since it's happening to mountain flier as well, I think not. Messing up serial numbers is a pretty big deal. Maybe it's not in their database. It's a good thing you registered it early, I could foresee that causing problems down the line. At least it wasn't a hassle and you are registered now.
    yeah I was really surprised they responded, I didn`t expect that, and they send a rating survey 1-10 how they`re customer service is etc...Maybe they making their customer service better since a lot of people are complaining.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by c00l0ne View Post
    yeah I was really surprised they responded, I didn`t expect that, and they send a rating survey 1-10 how they`re customer service is etc...Maybe they making their customer service better since a lot of people are complaining.
    Maybe. I have only had one interaction with Asus, and, it was either on a forum or through an email, and, if I recall, they were helpful. Either way, improving customer service is always a good thing. And, I like surveys. Any chance to express how I feel about a business is a plus in my book.
    c00l0ne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    I had to use IE instead of Firefox or Chrome to get it to accept my SN, but it did work on IE.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Mine eventually worked in Chrome, but I put it in like 50 times. I tried all possible combinations of 0/o and 1/L/I and it didn't work until it finially did.

So, based on my experience there is some other problem with their website, not just browser compatability or mistaken digits.
    Deluxe Member

Anyone see the front page story about the "dongle"? A dongle is a finger. That's an arm, an appendage. Not to mention it won't work with my case. Fail.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Hideous. I'm surprised that they didn't make it more streamlined/slim-line. Surely for what amounts to little more than an antenna extension they could have done something slimmer.

While they're at it, Asus out to reach out to whoever posted that "unofficial GPS fix" code and see if they can't somehow utilize that sort of capability to fix this thing.

I just signed up for the Gps Kit and its funny how they ask for city and not state..

Well the GPS signup form is live now.

Quote Originally Posted by flipbeatzz View Post
    I just signed up for the Gps Kit and its funny how they ask for city and not state..
    They ask for zip code, they don't need to know your state.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

submitted my application for one. yay!

ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I sent my info to them, and it keeps saying "Please confirm your shipping address before submitting; we are unable to amend your shipping address once your information has been submitted." and it said "sorry but your serial number could not be recognized. Please check your serial number to ensure that your model is a TF201, and try again." I can't find anything in my email about confirming.

On my asus information thing, it says i own a TF201. And I tried to register for a GPS kit at school, and i tried agian when i got home.

Did i do something wrong?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Do you also have a dock? There is a drop down window at the top for the serial number. I have a dock, and, both the dock and the Prime itself were listed as options. I didn't know which was which, or, if there was a dongle for both, so, I picked the first one, it didn't work. That was the dock's serial number. Then I picked the other serial number and it worked. That was the Prime's serial number. If you have a dock, try the other serial number.

Alright, I registered my Prime awhile back, and I can't seem to . I log into my VIP account, my prime is already a registered product, and I can't seem to find this "GPS extension kit apply and inquire" on the left side anywhere. Not on my main page, not when I click my registered product. Where the heck is this link?

ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

It was there like an hour ago. Now its missing 0-0
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Yea, I just checked, it seems to be gone. I already register for the dongle, but, I would assume I'd still be able to navigate to the page from the left hand side links. But, I don't see it there anymore. Give it a day maybe, if you don't see it, shoot them an email.

ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

What did it say after u put in ur address and everything? Cuz mine asked me to verifie my address but idk know how. Didnt get an email or anything. ALso it said serial code was wrong, when it is a registered code on my account.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

A couple of things.

Did you see a bunch of text boxes below the message saying to verify address? Or did you see that message, but, maybe part of it was cutoff. I wasn't able to see the fields, and, the page wasn't displaying right. Tried in FF and IE, not luck. Jumped on my prime, and, the site loaded fine with the stock browser I was able to see the message, as well as the text boxes.

I also received no confirmation email. But, it verified on my screen that I was setup. There was a table with some information that proved it was successful. Don't recall exactly what information was there, but, it was clear it worked.

If the serial number was wrong, try selecting from the drop down box. The first number was my dock, while the second was my prime. If you have multiple numbers there, just keep trying them until it works, or, verify under your registered products that you are using the correct serial number. Or you could look on the box for your prime to double check.

Hrm, tried logging on again to see if the server was just overwhelmed and I was seeing a cached page. Seems to be the case because now I can see the "GPS Extension Apply & Inquire link" but clicking on it takes me to a message stating "Dear ASUS user this page does not exist. Please make sure the URL is valid. Else try to reconnect later."

I'm guessing the servers are just swamped, I'll try again in the morning.

Ordered mine. Hope it makes Wifi better somehow

ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

Quote Originally Posted by False_Aesop View Post
    Hrm, tried logging on again to see if the server was just overwhelmed and I was seeing a cached page. Seems to be the case because now I can see the "GPS Extension Apply & Inquire link" but clicking on it takes me to a message stating "Dear ASUS user this page does not exist. Please make sure the URL is valid. Else try to reconnect later."

I'm guessing the servers are just swamped, I'll try again in the morning.
    I tried the same thing from my Prime with the same results. It said the page didn't exist. Oh, well, I'll keep trying till I get through.

Do you all really need GPS that bad? I don't get a constant lock, but I have found that Google Maps gets me close to where I am at. If you have your unit in the dock, you are in the same situation as if you did not have the extra piece. I just don't get why the risk so much focus on GPS when Wifi is so much more Important and really needs a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    Do you all really need GPS that bad? I don't get a constant lock, but I have found that Google Maps gets me close to where I am at. If you have your unit in the dock, you are in the same situation as if you did not have the extra piece. I just don't get why the risk so much focus on GPS when Wifi is so much more Important and really needs a fix.

It's free, so whatever

Pretty much what Pandawg said, I use my phone's GPS generally and rarely at that (usually when I'm driving to another state or something). But this is a free fix, I wont keep it on the prime at all times, and hey when I am using that GPS while listening to podcasts on a seven hour trip my phone gets really hot... so yeah, I'll switch my GPS over to the Prime those rare times I use it, if that means I leave an ugly dongle in the glovebox of my car that's fine.

This fix is an unusual move from a company, it may not be a perfect fix, but they are trying to make it right. It is free an gives me functionality I didn't have before. And hay my application has finally gone through for processing.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I don't recall anyone saying they needed the product that bad. But, if the GPS isn't functioning correctly, and, they are offering a free fix, it would be silly not to get it.
    Thanked by:
    c00l0ne and False_Aesop like this.

I just don't get why the risk so much focus on GPS when Wifi is so much more Important and really needs a fix.
    Probably because the majority of users have GPS issues (unable to get a lock on any satellites) whereas relatively few users seem to be having wifi issues.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast