Prime battery calibration

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Do people recommend calibrating the tablet's battery? I've done this with my phone, simply because everyone says to do it.

Same story with the tablets?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
how do you even recalibrate it?

A battery calibration program.

Supposedly this just changes the firmware/software as it interfaces with the battery. I don't believe it does anything to the battery itself.

Anyway, I went and recalibrated it. We'll see how it goes.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Most of the battery "calibration" programs simply wipe the battery stats which recently Google has specifically said will not improve battery life. It's just clearing out the history of battery usage by programs. Which in some cases could actually hinder data collection that identifies rouge programs using up a ton of battery.

There are some people that suggest draining the battery completely and recharging somehow has the effect of improving battery life also. I've never notified any improvements doing that.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Do people recommend calibrating the tablet's battery? I've done this with my phone, simply because everyone says to do it.

Same story with the tablets?

You shouldn't need to do anything to your Lithium Ion battery, even from the get go it should function fine.

"Rechargeable batteries may not deliver their full rated capacity when new and will require formatting. While this applies to most battery systems, manufacturers of lithium-ion batteries disagree. They say that Li-ion is ready at birth and does not need priming."

How to Prime Batteries – Battery University

Most of the battery "calibration" programs simply wipe the battery stats which recently Google has specifically said will not improve battery life. It's just clearing out the history of battery usage by programs. Which in some cases could actually hinder data collection that identifies rouge programs using up a ton of battery.

There are some people that suggest draining the battery completely and recharging somehow has the effect of improving battery life also. I've never notified any improvements doing that.

All that I have read suggests that this isn't the case.

"Keep cool, battery lasts longest when operating in mid state-of-charge of 20?80%. Prevent ultra-fast charging and high loads."

"Prevent full cycles, apply some charge after a full discharge to keep the protection circuit alive."

Explaining the Do's and Don'ts of Battery Charging - Battery University

This is a great site for battery info. There are some other handy pages in addition to the two above.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
True, but, it's essentially a lithium ion battery. In fact, it can also be called a lithium ion polymer battery. As the cell in both types of batteries is lithium, I would assume the care instructions were the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86