Sudden Brick

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So every morning I use my Prime to play music while taking a shower and getting ready for the day. Today, I used it like normal. Left it on my bed, still on, like always. I came home, ate dinner, got ready for bed. After waking up the Prime I noticed that it wasn't responding to any touch. It was on the lockscreen, but wouldn't unlock. Then I noticed my battery meter was at 0 and there was a battery with a red exclamation point on the notification bar. Which was weird, because it was it almost at full battery in the morning.

I turned it off and rebooted it, but after the Asus loading screen there was a exclamation mark in a orange triangle along with all sorts of gears. Not good. Rebooted it again. Same thing. Then I did a wipe. Same thing. It doesn't respond to touch, only to the hardware buttons. I think it believes it's battery is dead, but I'm not sure why.

Has anyone dealt with this yet? This sucks. Will have to RMA i'm sure. But please, if anyone has had experience with this problem let me know. I did have root access, but I did not unlock the boot loader. All of the firmware updates were up to date.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you try charging it? The one time I thought mine had died it turned out the battery was dead. Charging it for a few minutes got it enough juice to power on and behave normally while plugged in, then it was just a matter of letting it finish.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you try charging it? The one time I thought mine had died it turned out the battery was dead. Charging it for a few minutes got it enough juice to power on and behave normally while plugged in, then it was just a matter of letting it finish.

Yes. I let it charge over night. Same result. It's definitely a software issue. No idea why it would all of a sudden brick when I hadn't even downloaded an app for several days. I'm always careful as to what sort of apps I download too. Android itself just needs to be more stable, damnit.

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If you have power then its not bricked you could more then likely can fix it your self unless its an internal hardware issue

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol