Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aznmode
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

Default Am I the only one who prefers the default browser?

It seems everyone is either using dolphin or chrome beta. I've tried both, extensively...and idk i just like using the default browser the best. I just wanted to know...am i the only one?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Am I the only one who prefers the default browser?

the stock browser works fine for me

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

I hop back and forth between the stock and chrome. All depends on which one is laggy today.

ROM
    ?

I use what came with my phone. Works great

I really like the stock browser but was really getting tired of it hanging for 5-10 seconds while loading some pages.

I've been using ics browser+ from the market for a couple of days now on someone's recommendation here at androidcentral, and I have to say I'm really pleased with it. It's fast,stable and it still has the handy swipe quick navigation things the stock browser has that I really loved.

I use it occasionally but it tends to default to mobile sites and there are sites where I could not login or get the default browser to load everything properly, but the sites work fine on Chrome or Dolphin.

So I kind of got sick of having to switch to one of those browsers every so often, plus having to click "Load Desktop Site" can get tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by jussumguy88 View Post
    It seems everyone is either using dolphin or chrome beta. I've tried both, extensively...and idk i just like using the default browser the best. I just wanted to know...am i the only one?
    No.

Tried many of them. Stock is the best for me.
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn

the only thing with the stock browser for me is that it hangs or crashes or if its really bad it reboots, hopefully they come out with an update very soon because its very in need of a fix. I like the stock browser though. The flash works great , tumblr works properly and other sites I use that may use flash

Stock browser is good I use it and chrome. Chrome is still a tad too buggy to be my only browser

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

Quote Originally Posted by flipbeatzz View Post
    the only thing with the stock browser for me is that it hangs or crashes or if its really bad it reboots, hopefully they come out with an update very soon because its very in need of a fix. I like the stock browser though. The flash works great , tumblr works properly and other sites I use that may use flash
    Interesting.

How often is it crashing or rebooting?

I don't think that's happened to me yet.

I use Chrome on my PC, so it was natural to want to use it on the TFP...to slow and too buggy.
    Phone: Galaxy Note 2 | ROM: Stock | Kernel: Stock
    Tablet: Transformer Prime | ROM: Hairy Bean | Kernel: Clemsyn

I crash a lot actually like if I search very rapidly on different patches it hangs.. its actually pretty annoying but you just have to press wait to continue. sometimes I guess the cpu can't take it so the whole device reboots

I myself just went back to stock browser and like it again. From what I hear Chrome causes most of the issue. So I deleted that and all the other browsers and flash player( flash temporarily). Rebooted and reinstalled flash. Also disabled the quick scroll on the right side of the browser which I usually have to wait for before I start scrolling or itll crash. Now mine no longer crashes or have the wait/ok pop up no matter how much I try to scroll during a page loading. This is usually how you can get the browser to crash. Hopefully this works for you guys.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    flipbeats likes this.

wow I'll try this thanks for the heads up

So I deleted chrome and its still crashing and rebooting my prime.. ughh maybe i'll try ICS browser

i've been using the stock browser but has anyone ever experience data freezing, like i'd open up google.com and it would take forever to load or just freeze while loading. Idk if its because of the low signal from where I am located in the house or if its because of something with the prime. Anybody have any ideas or fixtures for this?