1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Prime just kicked the bucket. R.I.P. buddy

I really don't know what's wrong with it. I had it plugged in over night and it would not turn on the next morning. I've owned this thing since 1/11/12, and put it through a full semester of abuse. I'll be sending it in under warranty back to new egg tomorrow. Hope all goes well

Default Re: My Prime just kicked the bucket. R.I.P. buddy

Sucks it died. Hope you get a new one or it gets fixed!

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Newegg is generally pretty good with warranty repairs/replacements. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from DROID RAZR MAXX.
    Blackberry 8330 / HTC Hero / Motorola Milestone / Motorola Milestone X / Motorola Photon / Apple iPhone 4 / Motorola Droid Bionic / Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX / Verizon Galaxy Nexus / iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S4

Man that sucks it may have got hit with a power surge or something. I remember an old laptop of mine did that. Had it plugged up worked fine the night before the next day wouldn't turn on. Got a prime and never looked back. Hope all goes well for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, I called new egg today and they informed me that it was still under the manufacture warranty. I've loved it from day one, and never had any issues. Would a power surge have killed the keyboard too? It still works and the tablet was docked.

Try holding the on-off button down for about 2 minutes or until you feel the start up vibration it should start up mine shut itself down last night to and it took a long time to start this morning. but it did start, give it a try.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by ludesleep View Post
    Well, I called new egg today and they informed me that it was still under the manufacture warranty. I've loved it from day one, and never had any issues. Would a power surge have killed the keyboard too? It still works and the tablet was docked.
    Good, glad that you'll get it resolved with no cost to you.

I doubt it. If you had a USB keyboard plugged into your computer and it was hit with a surge, I would think the keyboard would still work. That's my guess anyway. I always plug my electronics in through Belkin surge protectors anyway, so, not even sure if I've ever been hit with one.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

I find that getting a paperclip and hitting the reset button tends to bring it back from the dead in this rare happening.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB