Chances of getting Jelly Bean?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha. Yea, I just checked. I can't find it either. That's lame.

Well, that's good. If mine is running better, I can't tell. I experience my random hangups in the browser. I like the stock browser, so, didn't feel like switching to see if that would fix it. I like the left and right context menu you can bring up for browsing, tabs, settings, etc. that appears directly under your thumb.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It would nice if the link had some sources in it. :-\ I assume we'll be getting JB, but, I'd like to see their official announcement.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It would nice if the link had some sources in it. :-\ I assume we'll be getting JB, but, I'd like to see their official announcement.

Yeah, I've learned not to count my chickens before they hatch in terms of updates.....Android OEMs are guilty until proven innocent in my book:mad:....Anybody remember a certain set of twin motorola flagships, that, since the day they were launched, have been out of date in terms of updates?:confused::eek:

EDIT: JUST FOUND THESE VIDEOS!!!!
You're welcome.....

EDIT 2: Just to clarify, these aren't mine. I'm no dev, and I can't do anything like this.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol. We are still gonna get JB though (not like my opinion is any more official than the article, in fact, much less). Asus is good with updates, and, we got ICS so soon after the Prime launched. I'll be waiting impatiently for that official announcement. :p

I think at this point it's more or less a matter of when. I wont complain though, since my X2 still has GB and it'll never see ICS. :'(

What Moto devices are you talking about Val? Because Moto really disappointed me with the X2. They have a lot of work to do if they are ever going to get my business again.

Nice vid. Was running real smooth. :D

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
That's a good point. Too bad they didn't make a Nexus 10.1. :p

But, seems like Google has gotten nice and friendly with Samsung and Asus. Smart move, probably the best phone/tablet manufacturers out there.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol. We are still gonna get JB though (not like my opinion is any more official than the article, in fact, much less). Asus is good with updates, and, we got ICS so soon after the Prime launched. I'll be waiting impatiently for that official announcement. :p
Yeah, IMO, that's why Asus got picked by big G for the nx7. I'll be waiting (VERY) impatiently for the update
I think at this point it's more or less a matter of when. I wont complain though, since my X2 still has GB and it'll never see ICS. :'(
That really sucks.....I bet somebody's done something about that though ;)
What Moto devices are you talking about Val?I was refering to the Razr/RzrMaxx, but, come to think of it, I'm actually describing just about all of them.....lol.... Because Moto really disappointed me with the X2. They have a lot of work to do if they are ever going to get my business again. Yeah, I bought the evo with my upgrade, but two years down the line, I'll be lookin' real hard at a nexus regardless of the hardware

Nice vid. Was running real smooth. :DI should clarify this, I DID NOT MAKE THOSE VIDEOS.....I AM NOT A DEV!!!!!(Unfortunately)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, IMO, that's why Asus got picked by big G for the nx7. I'll be waiting (VERY) impatiently for the update

That really sucks.....I bet somebody's done something about that though

I was refering to the Razr/RzrMaxx, but, come to think of it, I'm actually describing just about all of them.....lol....

Yeah, I bought the evo with my upgrade, but two years down the line, I'll be lookin' real hard at a nexus regardless of the hardware

I should clarify this, I DID NOT MAKE THOSE VIDEOS.....I AM NOT A DEV!!!!!(Unfortunately)

Lol, I think we all will.

Well, I am about to cash in on my extended warranty (AGAIN, twice in one year, really?). Once I do, I will cancel my TEC from Verizon and do some rooting. Looking forward to it actually. After a year of having my phone stock, I'm starting to get fed up with it.

Lol, I guess you are right. My guess is I'll be going with Samsung for my next phone. I view them as a better manufacturer anyway (although I was disappointed in the build quality of the Charge). And, when is Asus going to make phones? Lol.

Gotcha, I don't really know much about HTC as a manufacturer. My sister has an Incredible though, I guess I should take a look at it.

Yea, I know Val. You already have a disclaimer. We know you aren't trying to take credit for those videos. :D

Oh, there are rumors out there for that possibility. :)

Well, why couldn't they have made the more useful one first? Then downgrade it to a 7 inch screen. Maybe it was more marketable. I don't even know why I care, I have my Prime and I don't need a new tablet. Man, technology is addictive.

Im pretty sure prime owners will be happy by the end of aug....hopefully anyway

I hope you are right!!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
And, when is Asus going to make phones? Lol.

Gotcha, I don't really know much about HTC as a manufacturer. My sister has an Incredible though, I guess I should take a look at it.

Yea, I know Val. You already have a disclaimer. We know you aren't trying to take credit for those videos. :D

Well, why couldn't they have made the more useful one first? Then downgrade it to a 7 inch screen.
I'd like an Asus phone!
I got my evo 4g lte recently, and for the most part HTC hit it out of the ballpark, but there are a few issues. When asked about their custom memory values on their sense 4 phones, they said "it's not broken, its customized". Actually, it's broken. Head over the the evo lte forums and see all the gripes.that's true on the one x too, and I assume all sense 4 phones. On the other hand, they are apparently looking into updates to 4.1 already.

Just wanted to make sure with the disclaimer :)

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone missed it, Asus announced today that the Prime would be getting JellyBean. Just no word on exactly when that would be, but I can't imagine it's going to be that long. The Prime is pretty close to stock as it is.

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd like an Asus phone!
I got my evo 4g lte recently, and for the most part HTC hit it out of the ballpark, but there are a few issues. When asked about their custom memory values on their sense 4 phones, they said "it's not broken, its customized". Actually, it's broken. Head over the the evo lte forums and see all the gripes.that's true on the one x too, and I assume all sense 4 phones. On the other hand, they are apparently looking into updates to 4.1 already.

Just wanted to make sure with the disclaimer :)

Lol, Val, that'd be great, but, I don't think we'll ever see one. Maybe we should email them and suggest? If we both email them, maybe they'll consider it. Power in numbers!! :p

When you say customized, what exactly does that mean? And, when you say memory, I take it you are talking about the RAM? Some people misuse the term, so, just wanted to clarify.

Oh, wow, you are going to get JB? I'm jealous. :p But, with it only being out for a couple of months, I'd hope you'd get it. I got GB a couple of months after my phone was out. Then the updates stopped. Still really bent out of shape about that.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol, Val, that'd be great, but, I don't think we'll ever see one. Maybe we should email them and suggest? If we both email them, maybe they'll consider it. Power in numbers!! :p
Maybe :D
When you say customized, what exactly does that mean? And, when you say memory, I take it you are talking about the RAM? Some people misuse the term, so, just wanted to clarify.
I mean that the multitasking values have been changed so the OS is more aggressive about killing applications that aren't the foreground task. So, there's no lag in the application you are in, but all other applications get killed. Also, Rosie (the Sense launcher) reloads ~three-five times a day. Worse, HTC says that it's the way the feel best balances the application usage with "A consistant HTC Sense 4.0 User Expieriance"

Oh, wow, you are going to get JB? I'm jealous. :p But, with it only being out for a couple of months, I'd hope you'd get it. I got GB a couple of months after my phone was out. Then the updates stopped. Still really bent out of shape about that.
I'd better get jelly bean! (If not, I'm gonna go Leroy Jenkins in their offices). Apparently they are "Looking into it" for the HTC One XL (the LTE One X) and the One S. Nobody has officially said anything about the Evo, but considering it's almost a clone of the One X, I'd say the chances are near certain. Yeah, On my optimus s, I got gingerbread........ In September of 2011!!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, that seems kinda silly. Why kill tasks if you don't need to? My phones RAM is generally never all used up, and, I definitely have a good amount of stuff running.

But, wait, if all the other tasks get killed, what about any tasks that you have that are always running? Like, if you have say a battery monitor, you are saying that that gets killed when you open up another app? I can't imagine that working.

What? It reloads that much in one day? That's a consistent HTC Sense 4.0 User Experience? More like a ridiculous HTC Sense 4.0 User Experience.

Lol. Leeeerrroooyyy aJeeennnkins. Good stuff Val. I haven't played since D3 came out, and, Skyrim is soaking up so much of my time (100 hours in, zero spent on the main story, lol), but, the reference is refreshing. Yea, that's probably when I got GB too. It'll probably be a year with GB before I know it. The thing that makes me mad is using ICS on my Prime and having to suffer through GB on my phone. Oh well, like I've said, I'll be cashing in that TEC soon and rooting. I'm looking forward to it.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, that seems kinda silly. Why kill tasks if you don't need to? My phones RAM is generally never all used up, and, I definitely have a good amount of stuff running.
Who knows. It's weird like that
But, wait, if all the other tasks get killed, what about any tasks that you have that are always running? Like, if you have say a battery monitor, you are saying that that gets killed when you open up another app? I can't imagine that working.
Running services don't seem to get killed, but if you open a web browser, navigate to a page, switch apps via the recent apps button to Facebook, than switch back, the web page reloads.This is extremely annoying when you move in and out of coverage a lot
What? It reloads that much in one day? That's a consistent HTC Sense 4.0 User Experience? More like a ridiculous HTC Sense 4.0 User Experience.
Skip to 59 Seconds in this Video. That happens sometimes when pressing the home button
Lol. Leeeerrroooyyy aJeeennnkins. Good stuff Val. I haven't played since D3 came out, and, Skyrim is soaking up so much of my time (100 hours in, zero spent on the main story, lol), but, the reference is refreshing.
I don't play, I just saw the video.
Yea, that's probably when I got GB too. It'll probably be a year with GB before I know it. The thing that makes me mad is using ICS on my Prime and having to suffer through GB on my phone. Oh well, like I've said, I'll be cashing in that TEC soon and rooting. I'm looking forward to it.Yeah, anything is possible. Heck, They've got a fully functional Jelly Bean port going for the optimus!!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that is extremely weird, lol.

What? That's crazy. Why the need to close the browser. When I'm on my Prime and I switch to another app and switch back to the web page, it doesn't reload. That just seems kinda silly.

Seriously? Even on my outdated X2, I don't experience anything like that. I'm sorry you have to put up with that so many times in a day. :'(

Oh, lol. It's a great video. I was gonna PM you and ask you what server you were on. Thought that'd be kinda cool if we were on the same server. :'(

Wow, nice work AC. Did you flash it yet?

fyrfyter

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Post from Asus via FB says:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...comment_id=2749862&offset=0&total_comments=28

translated to: We need to deny this clear. Colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101, but merely confirms that a Jelly Bean TF201/TF300/TF700 update be received. The converse, that is not TF101/SL101 JB update will be false and pure speculation. According to current knowledge, and users of older TF101/SL101 enjoy an Android 4.1 update will come.

Looks like OG TF and Slider do have a chance at seeing JB in their future. Looks like Asus is trying to do some damage control and keep from screwing over the original owners.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech