Chances of getting Jelly Bean?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd say pretty good. Other than tablets, Asus has no market share in the US in terms of mobile, so they want to keep us prime owners happy. They're also incredible with updates. (The prime got ics before the xoom and the ns4g, which are pure google). We've had how many updates since the release? Way more than even the galnex. Other than the nexus 7 (which, again, is made by Asus, because google chose them for {probably} their ability to churn out updates)and unlocked nexii, I can imagine us getting the update before anyone. I think the tf201, tf300, and tf700 will get it, but the og tf (tf101) won't.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think the chances of the Transformer Prime getting the newest OS?

I think the chances are good. I'd be upset with Asus if we didn't get to major updates. Then again I thought the same with my X2 and it's still running GB. :'( If not, I'm really happy with how it is and ICS, love ma Prime.

I'd say pretty good. Other than tablets, Asus has no market share in the US in terms of mobile, so they want to keep us prime owners happy. They're also incredible with updates. (The prime got ics before the xoom and the ns4g, which are pure google). We've had how many updates since the release? Way more than even the galnex. Other than the nexus 7 (which, again, is made by Asus, because google chose them for(probably) their ability to churn out updates)and unlocked nexii, I can imagine us getting the update before anyone. I think the tf201, tf300, and tf700 will get it, but the og tf (tf101) won't.

I think you are right about TF101 not getting it but the others will. And, they do seem to be good with updates.

Also, nested parenthesis in a post? You sir, are a genius.

Reactions: Treyh423

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Didn't think you'd notice :cool:

Lol. I went back and read it again, I was like, no, they didn't, they couldn't have, they must have forgotten to close the other pair or something. I'm a big fan of parenthesis, so, I had to say something. I mighta nested a pair of []s for increased readability though. :p

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I went back and read it again, I was like, no, they didn't, they couldn't have, they must have forgotten to close the other pair or something. I'm a big fan of parenthesis, so, I had to say something. I mighta nested a pair of []s for increased readability though. :p
I used {} instead of [] because I think [] means something else. :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I used {} instead of [] because I think [] means something else. :)

Well, I think either would work just fine. I guess my point was that I would have used something that wasn't parenthesis for nesting so that the readability was increased. My comment was tongue in cheek though, I am still impressed by the nesting. As a programmer, I find using parenthesis and such in text based communication to be extremely useful. And, I just thought nesting them was awesome. Don't think I've ever done that on AC. Now I have to double nest to one up you. :p

What do you guys think the chances of the Transformer Prime getting the newest OS?

Sorry to jack your thread Pandawg. :-[

Reactions: Va1ha11a

Aznflawless

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I think we will be 2nd to get Jelly Bean(Galaxy Nexus is getting it first,because Google leaked out the info, and its the only device that runs Android 4.0 with nothing on it like touchwiz, Sense, etc.)

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, the nexus 7 is made by asus, I think that's because they're good with updates, for example, look how long it took samsung to get ics to sprint's ns4g!

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if, when the Prime gets 4.1, they'll rearrange the notification (up top instead of on the bottom) and navigation bars (the buttons centered instead of all the way to the left) to look more like the Nexus 7, or if they'll keep them how they are now.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if, when the Prime gets 4.1, they'll rearrange the notification (up top instead of on the bottom) and navigation bars (the buttons centered instead of all the way to the left) to look more like the Nexus 7, or if they'll keep them how they are now.

I actually like it all at the bottom. I leave my Prime in it's dock 95% of the time anyway so it makes it feel more like a netbook.

ser_solace

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I think jelly bean will come after the nexus 7 is released. Maybe by a few weeks. The reason is because they need to keep the selling point for the new tablet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily think we won't get Jellybean soon because of the Nexus "needing to sell." Because let's face it, consumers are going to make their choices based on how size of the tablet more so than the UI. Well, most anyway. There is a big difference between a 7" screen and a 10.1" screen. The Prime will get Jellybean sooner or later, and ASUS doesn't really gain much for having us wait. There might be different code used for the Prime versus the Nexus and that is the only thing that will hinder us in getting as soon as the Nexus is released. As long as the Nexus is the first one, in Google's eyes, they know it'll eventually get pushed out to everyone and ASUS will be the first ones with a perfected code.

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I think the TF201 needs Jelly Bean. The games rock on it, but the worker bee apps like Adobe, email, browser all are sticky and hang up.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, even after .28, I'm still experiencing random hangups. I had high hopes that they would go away with .28, but, this has not been the case. I assume we'll get JB. If we don't, I'll be rooting once my warranty is up.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol Val. Are you getting any hangups in .28? I really thought it was going to fix all my problems, nope. I really don't see a difference between .21 and .28.

I plus one'd that because I couldn't find the like button on the AC app. I have less hangups (MC3 multiplayer was unplayable before) but I still have a few. There's a difference, but it's not perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm