Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chances of getting Jelly Bean?

What do you guys think the chances of the Transformer Prime getting the newest OS?
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

I'd say pretty good. Other than tablets, Asus has no market share in the US in terms of mobile, so they want to keep us prime owners happy. They're also incredible with updates. (The prime got ics before the xoom and the ns4g, which are pure google). We've had how many updates since the release? Way more than even the galnex. Other than the nexus 7 (which, again, is made by Asus, because google chose them for {probably} their ability to churn out updates)and unlocked nexii, I can imagine us getting the update before anyone. I think the tf201, tf300, and tf700 will get it, but the og tf (tf101) won't.
    Last edited by Va1ha11a; 06-23-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added {} instead of () for increased readability
    leroybrute and Devinator like this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Chances of getting Jelly Bean?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandawg View Post
    What do you guys think the chances of the Transformer Prime getting the newest OS?
    I think the chances are good. I'd be upset with Asus if we didn't get to major updates. Then again I thought the same with my X2 and it's still running GB. If not, I'm really happy with how it is and ICS, love ma Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    I'd say pretty good. Other than tablets, Asus has no market share in the US in terms of mobile, so they want to keep us prime owners happy. They're also incredible with updates. (The prime got ics before the xoom and the ns4g, which are pure google). We've had how many updates since the release? Way more than even the galnex. Other than the nexus 7 (which, again, is made by Asus, because google chose them for(probably) their ability to churn out updates)and unlocked nexii, I can imagine us getting the update before anyone. I think the tf201, tf300, and tf700 will get it, but the og tf (tf101) won't.
    I think you are right about TF101 not getting it but the others will. And, they do seem to be good with updates.

Also, nested parenthesis in a post? You sir, are a genius.
    Thanked by:
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Also, nested parenthesis in a post? You sir, are a genius.
    Didn't think you'd notice
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Didn't think you'd notice
    Lol. I went back and read it again, I was like, no, they didn't, they couldn't have, they must have forgotten to close the other pair or something. I'm a big fan of parenthesis, so, I had to say something. I mighta nested a pair of []s for increased readability though.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Lol. I went back and read it again, I was like, no, they didn't, they couldn't have, they must have forgotten to close the other pair or something. I'm a big fan of parenthesis, so, I had to say something. I mighta nested a pair of []s for increased readability though.
    I used {} instead of [] because I think [] means something else.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I used {} instead of [] because I think [] means something else.
    Well, I think either would work just fine. I guess my point was that I would have used something that wasn't parenthesis for nesting so that the readability was increased. My comment was tongue in cheek though, I am still impressed by the nesting. As a programmer, I find using parenthesis and such in text based communication to be extremely useful. And, I just thought nesting them was awesome. Don't think I've ever done that on AC. Now I have to double nest to one up you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandawg View Post
    Sorry to jack your thread Pandawg.
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Haha it's alright.
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.

ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I think we will be 2nd to get Jelly Bean(Galaxy Nexus is getting it first,because Google leaked out the info, and its the only device that runs Android 4.0 with nothing on it like touchwiz, Sense, etc.)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Aznflawless View Post
    I think we will be 2nd to get Jelly Bean(Galaxy Nexus is getting it first,because Google leaked out the info, and its the only device that runs Android 4.0 with nothing on it like touchwiz, Sense, etc.)
    I really hope you're right! Haha
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Hey, the nexus 7 is made by asus, I think that's because they're good with updates, for example, look how long it took samsung to get ics to sprint's ns4g!

I wonder if, when the Prime gets 4.1, they'll rearrange the notification (up top instead of on the bottom) and navigation bars (the buttons centered instead of all the way to the left) to look more like the Nexus 7, or if they'll keep them how they are now.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    I wonder if, when the Prime gets 4.1, they'll rearrange the notification (up top instead of on the bottom) and navigation bars (the buttons centered instead of all the way to the left) to look more like the Nexus 7, or if they'll keep them how they are now.
    I actually like it all at the bottom. I leave my Prime in it's dock 95% of the time anyway so it makes it feel more like a netbook.
    Jonneh, Va1ha11a and enthuz like this.

I think jelly bean will come after the nexus 7 is released. Maybe by a few weeks. The reason is because they need to keep the selling point for the new tablet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't necessarily think we won't get Jellybean soon because of the Nexus "needing to sell." Because let's face it, consumers are going to make their choices based on how size of the tablet more so than the UI. Well, most anyway. There is a big difference between a 7" screen and a 10.1" screen. The Prime will get Jellybean sooner or later, and ASUS doesn't really gain much for having us wait. There might be different code used for the Prime versus the Nexus and that is the only thing that will hinder us in getting as soon as the Nexus is released. As long as the Nexus is the first one, in Google's eyes, they know it'll eventually get pushed out to everyone and ASUS will be the first ones with a perfected code.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I think the TF201 needs Jelly Bean. The games rock on it, but the worker bee apps like Adobe, email, browser all are sticky and hang up.
    Jonneh and Va1ha11a like this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Yea, even after .28, I'm still experiencing random hangups. I had high hopes that they would go away with .28, but, this has not been the case. I assume we'll get JB. If we don't, I'll be rooting once my warranty is up.
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Yea, even after .28, I'm still experiencing random hangups. I had high hopes that they would go away with .28, but, this has not been the case. I assume we'll get JB. If we don't, I'll be rooting once my warranty is up.
    +1
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

+1
    Lol Val. Are you getting any hangups in .28? I really thought it was going to fix all my problems, nope. I really don't see a difference between .21 and .28.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Lol Val. Are you getting any hangups in .28? I really thought it was going to fix all my problems, nope. I really don't see a difference between .21 and .28.
    I plus one'd that because I couldn't find the like button on the AC app. I have less hangups (MC3 multiplayer was unplayable before) but I still have a few. There's a difference, but it's not perfect.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Haha. Yea, I just checked. I can't find it either. That's lame.

Well, that's good. If mine is running better, I can't tell. I experience my random hangups in the browser. I like the stock browser, so, didn't feel like switching to see if that would fix it. I like the left and right context menu you can bring up for browsing, tabs, settings, etc. that appears directly under your thumb.

Some information about the update to JB here:
    The Prime is one mentioned as definitely getting JB.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

It would nice if the link had some sources in it. I assume we'll be getting JB, but, I'd like to see their official announcement.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

It would nice if the link had some sources in it. I assume we'll be getting JB, but, I'd like to see their official announcement.
    Yeah, I've learned not to count my chickens before they hatch in terms of updates.....Android OEMs are guilty until proven innocent in my book....Anybody remember a certain set of twin motorola flagships, that, since the day they were launched, have been out of date in terms of updates?

EDIT: JUST FOUND
    You're welcome.....

EDIT 2: Just to clarify, these aren't mine. I'm no dev, and I can't do anything like this.
    Last edited by Va1ha11a; 07-16-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Lol. We are still gonna get JB though (not like my opinion is any more official than the article, in fact, much less). Asus is good with updates, and, we got ICS so soon after the Prime launched. I'll be waiting impatiently for that official announcement.

I think at this point it's more or less a matter of when. I wont complain though, since my X2 still has GB and it'll never see ICS.

What Moto devices are you talking about Val? Because Moto really disappointed me with the X2. They have a lot of work to do if they are ever going to get my business again.

Nice vid. Was running real smooth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast