Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Default Re: Camera issue

I would say not for a while what they'll probably do is just wait and package a camera fix with the jelly bean update rumored to be coming in August.
    Devinator likes this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    I would say not for a while what they'll probably do is just wait and package a camera fix with the jelly bean update rumored to be coming in August.
    Yea, that seems like sound logic.

But, if the camera isn't fixed with the JB update, you should call and complain to Asus. They wont know they need fix it (most likely) unless people let them know about it.

Will probably call them within the next few days. I'll let you guys know what happens

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Got my prime back yesterday. 2.5 weeks after sending it in.

Camera works fine, for some reason they replaced the whole screen, which I'm ok with, it looks sharper, but I had no issue with the screen.

Told them about wifi/gps issues, and it says they replaced some related parts, not sure yet if wifi is better, but gps is still nonexistent.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    Got my prime back yesterday. 2.5 weeks after sending it in.

Camera works fine, for some reason they replaced the whole screen, which I'm ok with, it looks sharper, but I had no issue with the screen.

Told them about wifi/gps issues, and it says they replaced some related parts, not sure yet if wifi is better, but gps is still nonexistent.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Hmm weird. Maybe they damaged it in the process. Maybe they'll replace mine with the Infinity :-p
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by hmackenz View Post
    Hmm weird. Maybe they damaged it in the process. Maybe they'll replace mine with the Infinity :-p
    Would be nice.....

I had the same issue with camera, I have square trade warranty so I called them and sent my tf201, they sent me email saying that Camera failed and need to be replace, so I got my device back after 1 week .. don't wanna deal with Asus even I still have 1 year warranty for it, that's why I get squaretrade for all my devices, hassle free ' just my 2 cents
    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by erick0423 View Post
    I had the same issue with camera, I have square trade warranty so I called them and sent my tf201, they sent me email saying that Camera failed and need to be replace, so I got my device back after 1 week .. don't wanna deal with Asus even I still have 1 year warranty for it, that's why I get squaretrade for all my devices, hassle free ' just my 2 cents
    Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    So they didn't contact Asus customer service? Their site says they'll contact the manufacturer if you're still under warranty and have them do the repair, and your insurance will cover the repaired/replaced item. And if the manufacturer refuses to cover it, they'll cover it.

This is why I'd prefer Asus takes care of it:
    LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
    The total amount that We will pay for repairs or replacement made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Service Agreement shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product, less taxes. In the event that We make payments for repairs, which in the aggregate, are equal to the purchase price or replace the Product with a new, rebuilt or refurbished product of equal or similar features and functionality, We will have no further obligations under this Service Agreement.
    I have SquareTrade, and I forgot about going through them (still haven't dealt with this issue, so thanks for the reminder!), so it'll be wise to have them cover the repaired/replaced device. I just want to make sure they have Asus do it so I still have the full value of the device available should anything else happen once I'm not covered by Asus.

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    Would be nice.....
    Haha yeah, but highly unlikely. Then again, won't happen if I don't ask...

I feel like the argument that the Infinity is what the Prime should have been (well, maybe the screen and processor aren't, necessarily, but the case sure is) probably won't have much of an impact haha. But it was a little painful when it was announced and had all the fixes that should have gone into the Prime from the beginning...
    Last edited by hmackenz; 07-28-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ROM
    it'll change tomorrow

I now have the infamous green screen of death with my camera, and I really don't want to be without my prime, and I am headed to FL on labor day weekend and I don't want to be without it. How long has the average RMA been? Decisions decisions!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

The sooner you send it the more likely you'll get it back in time. That said, I wouldn't sweat it. You've got time.

Quote Originally Posted by hmackenz View Post
    So they didn't contact Asus customer service? Their site says they'll contact the manufacturer if you're still under warranty and have them do the repair, and your insurance will cover the repaired/replaced item. And if the manufacturer refuses to cover it, they'll cover it.

This is why I'd prefer Asus takes care of it:

I have SquareTrade, and I forgot about going through them (still haven't dealt with this issue, so thanks for the reminder!), so it'll be wise to have them cover the repaired/replaced device. I just want to make sure they have Asus do it so I still have the full value of the device available should anything else happen once I'm not covered by Asus.
    Squaretrade have their own depo to repair all kind .so im not worried about asus fixing my device.if squaretrade can do it why not,and they will give you prepaid shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by erick0423 View Post
    Squaretrade have their own depo to repair all kind .so im not worried about asus fixing my device.if squaretrade can do it why not,and they will give you prepaid shipping.
    Yeah, good stuff. The only real reason I'd prefer Asus to do it is because, if both options are free, I'd like to not dip into my SquareTrade coverage if I don't have to, even if it's only dipping in a tiny bit. As far as I know, There would be no downside other than a longer wait to have Asus do it. SquareTrade is supposed to contact Asus about it being covered by their warranty before they do anything though...

Is it only me because I called asus twice and both times they have said " in this case we have to have you send your device in, unfortunately we currently can't process that now so please call back again later in the day.." are they trying to avoid fixing it or are they on a difference time zone or something.. whats a good time to call for ship in.. i'm on the east coast USA

Finally called today. Told me to do a reset using that little hole under the microsd, and do a factory reset if that doesn't work. Did both, and the rear camera still isn't working. Will call them back tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pagehite View Post
    Same thing happened to my 5-month-old TP. Had to send it in for service. They turned it around in one day and it's on its way back. Hope they fixed it.
    Well, my rear facing camera failed in June. Now it has failed a SECOND time. What's up with this?

Yikes! Did you call them? What'd they say?

For the record, mine came back relatively quickly based on what I'd heard - 2 weeks from when I sent it out to when I got it back.

Im still waiting for a rma number from Asus. It seems ever email is answered in a week or so, and not the 48 hours they advertised.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Autumnal day turn around my profile is back and this working order.
    I'm happy.
    Rick

The a 14 day turn around...

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

What are you talking about?

Default Re: Asus Transformer Prime Rear Camera issue

Is your camera still working since you had it fixed? I also had the green screen on my rear camera... and just tried the "pinching remedy" I read about, and it worked. I believe this is a temporary remedy, not fixing the faulty camera for the long haul, must be something loose somewhere... but for now it is working. I was going to send my tablet in for repair, got an RMA and everything, but they told me my tablet was out of warranty - by a couple months) and it was going to cost me to send it back ($18) and for the repair. And they couldn't tell me how much the repair would be until they received my tablet (nice way to hold my tablet hostage until I pay the repair bill, huh?) It was a very frustrating experience talking with ASUS. This is a known issue with these tablets (I have seen comments all over the place in multiple forums), and sorry to say they are using every game and excuse in the book hoping that you give up. Well, if this is the case with them (after purchasing two ASUS laptops, desktop, and tablet), they will lose me as a loyal customer. I'm waiting for a reply to an escalation email I sent them... so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by bettiboo44 View Post
    Is your camera still working since you had it fixed? I also had the green screen on my rear camera... and just tried the "pinching remedy" ... so we will see.
    Bettiboo44:

What is the pinching remedy ?

F
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I too have been experiencing the green screen of death on the front camera. Since my Prime is one year old this month, I'm going to try to tough it out till the next software update and see if it gets fixed. The 8mp camera is okay, but I still like my Nikon better and I'd hate to do without my Prime while it's being fixed...
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Yup, add me to the list. Bought mine March '12, so I'm outta luck. It's gonna make it's resale value fall by a lot though
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast