Camera issue

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like most devices are generally a year. Here is an article saying that it's a year, but, it is regarding the UK. I would assume it's the same in the US though.

ASUS offering refunds and extended warranties to Transformer Prime customers in the UK

If you are concerned, you can always contact ASUS and find out. Or, check the warranty card that came with your Prime. That is what the official ASUS Warranty page is saying.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Warranty Policy Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201

Reactions: flipbeats

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Since im going guess this camera issue is a software thing I'll just wait for the update though this kinda sucks. I mean I don't really use the primes camera but still, it's nice to know your device is no defective.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll give them a call once my laptop comes in (should be soon...) and see what they say. When I called about that cable, I requested that they send me a new one before I send mine in (makes sense to me... I don't wanna go without being able to charge my tablet while I wait for them to get my defective cable and send me a new one). Maybe that screwed up the process somehow. I'll ask about it again when I call about this issue.

Like someone else said, if this is simply a software issue, it'd be nice to just get an update. But I'm not sure if/when that would happen :-/

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Since im going guess this camera issue is a software thing I'll just wait for the update though this kinda sucks. I mean I don't really use the primes camera but still, it's nice to know your device is no defective.

I'm in the same boat. I don't use the Prime's camera at all, don't think I've used it even once since I got it. But, that's not the point, it should work.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll give them a call once my laptop comes in (should be soon...) and see what they say. When I called about that cable, I requested that they send me a new one before I send mine in (makes sense to me... I don't wanna go without being able to charge my tablet while I wait for them to get my defective cable and send me a new one). Maybe that screwed up the process somehow. I'll ask about it again when I call about this issue.

Like someone else said, if this is simply a software issue, it'd be nice to just get an update. But I'm not sure if/when that would happen :-/

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Ahh, yea, maybe that did it. Still, you would think the RMA process would be the same regardless and the shipping label would be automatically generated somewhere in there. Maybe they don't do it anymore and I sent mine back before they stopped. I still would have given them a hard time if no label was forthcoming. When I was on the phone with the first CSR, I made sure to say I expected to not incur any costs, and, they said I wouldn't. Maybe you have to ask for the label to get one. :confused:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I would say not for a while what they'll probably do is just wait and package a camera fix with the jelly bean update rumored to be coming in August.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I would say not for a while what they'll probably do is just wait and package a camera fix with the jelly bean update rumored to be coming in August.

Yea, that seems like sound logic.

But, if the camera isn't fixed with the JB update, you should call and complain to Asus. They wont know they need fix it (most likely) unless people let them know about it.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Will probably call them within the next few days. I'll let you guys know what happens

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Got my prime back yesterday. 2.5 weeks after sending it in.

Camera works fine, for some reason they replaced the whole screen, which I'm ok with, it looks sharper, but I had no issue with the screen.

Told them about wifi/gps issues, and it says they replaced some related parts, not sure yet if wifi is better, but gps is still nonexistent.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Got my prime back yesterday. 2.5 weeks after sending it in.

Camera works fine, for some reason they replaced the whole screen, which I'm ok with, it looks sharper, but I had no issue with the screen.

Told them about wifi/gps issues, and it says they replaced some related parts, not sure yet if wifi is better, but gps is still nonexistent.

Hmm weird. Maybe they damaged it in the process. Maybe they'll replace mine with the Infinity :p

erick0423

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with camera, I have square trade warranty so I called them and sent my tf201, they sent me email saying that Camera failed and need to be replace, so I got my device back after 1 week .. don't wanna deal with Asus even I still have 1 year warranty for it, that's why I get squaretrade for all my devices, hassle free ' just my 2 cents
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with camera, I have square trade warranty so I called them and sent my tf201, they sent me email saying that Camera failed and need to be replace, so I got my device back after 1 week .. don't wanna deal with Asus even I still have 1 year warranty for it, that's why I get squaretrade for all my devices, hassle free ' just my 2 cents
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

So they didn't contact Asus customer service? Their site says they'll contact the manufacturer if you're still under warranty and have them do the repair, and your insurance will cover the repaired/replaced item. And if the manufacturer refuses to cover it, they'll cover it.

This is why I'd prefer Asus takes care of it:
LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
The total amount that We will pay for repairs or replacement made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Service Agreement shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product, less taxes. In the event that We make payments for repairs, which in the aggregate, are equal to the purchase price or replace the Product with a new, rebuilt or refurbished product of equal or similar features and functionality, We will have no further obligations under this Service Agreement.

I have SquareTrade, and I forgot about going through them (still haven't dealt with this issue, so thanks for the reminder!), so it'll be wise to have them cover the repaired/replaced device. I just want to make sure they have Asus do it so I still have the full value of the device available should anything else happen once I'm not covered by Asus.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice.....

Haha yeah, but highly unlikely. Then again, won't happen if I don't ask...

I feel like the argument that the Infinity is what the Prime should have been (well, maybe the screen and processor aren't, necessarily, but the case sure is) probably won't have much of an impact haha. But it was a little painful when it was announced and had all the fixes that should have gone into the Prime from the beginning...

Last edited:

jbzny1

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I now have the infamous green screen of death with my camera, and I really don't want to be without my prime, and I am headed to FL on labor day weekend and I don't want to be without it. How long has the average RMA been? Decisions decisions!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The sooner you send it the more likely you'll get it back in time. That said, I wouldn't sweat it. You've got time.

erick0423

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
So they didn't contact Asus customer service? Their site says they'll contact the manufacturer if you're still under warranty and have them do the repair, and your insurance will cover the repaired/replaced item. And if the manufacturer refuses to cover it, they'll cover it.

This is why I'd prefer Asus takes care of it:

I have SquareTrade, and I forgot about going through them (still haven't dealt with this issue, so thanks for the reminder!), so it'll be wise to have them cover the repaired/replaced device. I just want to make sure they have Asus do it so I still have the full value of the device available should anything else happen once I'm not covered by Asus.

Squaretrade have their own depo to repair all kind .so im not worried about asus fixing my device.if squaretrade can do it why not,and they will give you prepaid shipping.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Squaretrade have their own depo to repair all kind .so im not worried about asus fixing my device.if squaretrade can do it why not,and they will give you prepaid shipping.

Yeah, good stuff. The only real reason I'd prefer Asus to do it is because, if both options are free, I'd like to not dip into my SquareTrade coverage if I don't have to, even if it's only dipping in a tiny bit. As far as I know, There would be no downside other than a longer wait to have Asus do it. SquareTrade is supposed to contact Asus about it being covered by their warranty before they do anything though...

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Is it only me because I called asus twice and both times they have said " in this case we have to have you send your device in, unfortunately we currently can't process that now so please call back again later in the day.." are they trying to avoid fixing it or are they on a difference time zone or something.. whats a good time to call for ship in.. i'm on the east coast USA

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Finally called today. Told me to do a reset using that little hole under the microsd, and do a factory reset if that doesn't work. Did both, and the rear camera still isn't working. Will call them back tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463