Camera issue

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Did a factory reset based on asus recommendation for another issue I was having with my tf201.

Now after everything has been reset and restored the camera doesn't work. It is all green and pink static where you should be seeing the image.

Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

pagehite

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to my 5-month-old TP. Had to send it in for service. They turned it around in one day and it's on its way back. Hope they fixed it.

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Does it look like this? Mine started this two weeks ago for the forward facing camera.

adef5a20-5ee8-e86a.jpg

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Same. Back camera doesn't work. Front camera wasn't working then randomly started working. I assume this is a result of that recent software update. Kind of annoying when I come across a rare time I want to use my tablet's camera and can't. Hopefully a software fix will show up. I'm waiting for a new laptop so this is my main device for the next couple weeks - can't part with it until the computer comes.

82403aee-dd6d-3b50.jpg

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So, to the people who sent their Primes in for repair, what ended up happening? Did they give you a new one, software fix, or what? How long did it take?

I'm experiencing a couple other weird similar phenomena on my Prime since the last update and I'm thinking I might have to send it in, but I'd like to know how long I can expect to be without it and if I can expect it to actually be fixed when I get it back :p. This is my main computer for another week or two while I wait for a back-ordered laptop and I can't part with this for too long until I get that. I also not-incredibly-recently asked ASUS for a replacement data cable and still have yet to receive it, so my confidence is not very high that I'd get it back quickly...

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The other issues I've started experiencing are weird static effects replacing the back/home/recent apps part of the status bar and the little volume pop-up window. I've never noticed this until recently.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had my Prime fixed about a month ago (I think). I think the whole thing, including shipping both ways, took less than two weeks. My Prime was a brick, and they ended up replacing my mobo. I guess they'd rather fix it when they can, and not replace it. So, you may end up getting it fixed, you may get a replacement. Either way, I found their tech support to be extremely helpful, professional and courteous (I was on the phone three times with three different reps).

When you asked for your cable, did you call, or email? If you emailed, I'd call and get someone on the line. It's not as easy to brush a phone call under the rug.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
So, to the people who sent their Primes in for repair, what ended up happening? Did they give you a new one, software fix, or what? How long did it take?

Mine arrived at asus 1 weeks ago tomorrow. I haven't heard anything yet and getting kind of nervous... I will probably call on Monday if I don't hear anything by then.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't be. They didn't contact me either during the process, but, I sure contacted them. Exactly, if you want an update, definitely call them. Their CSRs are polite and helpful.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What number did you call because I called customer service and the guy didn't help me at all

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If your problem is covered under warranty they will give you a fedex shipping label and you will incur no cost.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Was it a warranty issue? If so, they definitely should have sent you one to your email. Call them up and complain. Ask to be reimbursed. Because, if it's warranty work, it's not your fault and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463