Prime is dead, cannot power up

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My Prime had a pretty full charge and was working for half of today, but this afternoon when I opened up the clamshell (Prime is docked to keyboard), it had shut down. And when I tried powering it up, nothing happened. I also put it back on the charger to see if that would energize it, and the power charging lights went on, but it still won't power on. Is there anything i can try? I would really rather not have to send this in for service.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I love this tablet, and cannot afford a new one.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried holding the power button down, and after about 15 seconds, it booted up. I have a new Forum application that may be the culprit. I will remove it from the tablet.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Unless you are rooted, or the app has malware in it (not likely, google would probably have caught it), you probably weren't holding the button long enough. On my prime at least, it takes a while.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My prime does the same thing. It was charged fully, on, and I disconnected it from its dock to take with me. Got to my destination about 20 minutes later, looked at the prime and it was completely off. Pressing the power button did nothing. It was like it was dead. I was beginning to get really frustrated, thinking of all the money I had originally spent on it, when I held the button down for what felt like an eternity but was most likely around 25 seconds. It vibrated and began booting up. To this day I haven't figured out wtf is happening, but it's done this twice now, at random times.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This seems to occur when I've had the Prime in locked mode for a long period of time. It's almost like it hibernates. It shuts down completely on me. After one of these incidents, I hold the Power button down for 15-30 seconds and it will come back on. But why it does it in the first place is a mystery, and might be a bug.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
This seems to occur when I've had the Prime in locked mode for a long period of time. It's almost like it hibernates. It shuts down completely on me. After one of these incidents, I hold the Power button down for 15-30 seconds and it will come back on. But why it does it in the first place is a mystery, and might be a bug.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

That is exactly what I assumed it to be, because that is how it acts. I hope that it gets a better way of doing it though, because it can be annoying at times when I really need it and have to wait for it to boot up.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, it's somewhat irritating. I leave mine locked in sleep mode for extended periods of time pretty often.

NeedHelp234

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had this happen several times. I hold down the power button and the bottom of the volume button @ the same time for about 15 sec. Seems to do the trick.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen a couple of times. Very annoying. Then one time it happened, only, it wouldn't turn back on VIA this method. Had to get it fixed by ASUS. The motherboard had to be replaced. :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay