Asus Transformers Prime > Nexus 7 or vice versa

slosh74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I'm considering getting a android tablet soon I am stuck between the transformer prime and the nexus 7. What I would like to know from experienced owners or anybody in general, is which of the two devices mentioned is better and what makes one greater than the other.
Thanks in advace. :cool:

Rolio

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking at a new tab, then I would look at the TF300T/TF700T Transformer Pads vs. the N7. We would need to know your plan of use to help more. I prefer the power, size and hybrid nature the Transformer Pads provide. If I just wanted a better Kindle, then I would go for the N7. Of course this is one's opinion and to each their own.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it really depends on what you need it for. I use my Prime like a netbook, so, I got the dock, and, it basically is one. If you just are going to use it to read books, maybe the 7 would be better for you.

Personally, I like a larger screen, so, I'd go with the Prime. I mean, phones are getting close to seven inches now. :p

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I actually have both as of yesterday. Prime is great for video, comics, email and just about everything EXCEPT for being portable enough to fit in a pocket or hold upright like a book for extended periods of time.
I love my prime with the dock and will keep it(I think), but the nexus 7 is so thin and light that you can bring it anywhere and not even notice youre carrying it.

jmikeb92

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually have both as of yesterday. Prime is great for video, comics, email and just about everything EXCEPT for being portable enough to fit in a pocket or hold upright like a book for extended periods of time.
I love my prime with the dock and will keep it(I think), but the nexus 7 is so thin and light that you can bring it anywhere and not even notice youre carrying it.

I am exactly where you are. I gave up on the prime as a daily user for entertainment because of its shear size. Its funny because I got that as a more portable device than my laptop. Now I have the N7 as a more portable version than my prime.

To the OP:
Here's what I would tell you, if you are looking for something that you will use just for web browsing, entertainment, networking, and a little productivity here and there; go with the Nexus. If you are looking g for something that you can write papers or reports, take notes, manage files on the go, and other productivity uses, AND then want to use for fun and games; go with the Prime, but go with the keyboard dock too.

What it really boils down to with me is support and development. Though both are made by Asus, they really, for lack of a better term, $h!t the bed with the prime. It began with updates every week to fix WiFi fallout and GPS issues,Then came I/o issues, then came others. For every fix they put out it felt like they broke something else. Now we've been promised jellybean and its been a month with not so much as a definite answer if we are getting it or not. Also the devs pretty much packed up and took their work else where, so there was no help in that aspect either.

The nexus however being...well a nexus will be backed more by Google and will get the treatment it needs. There is a plethora of development and you have the bonus of getting new OS as soon as it is released. Maybe its just me but I like to know those things are supporting me.

Hope my rambling helped. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jmikeb92

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Well HTC said that they were going to put ICS on the desire HD and look how that turned out. A post from Gary key on the official Asus in for thread on XDA said they were testing it still on our device so as of right now there is still room for speculation on weather we will truly get it or not. Also in the past how many things have supposed to have been fix with "major" updates like this and then messed other things up. So I'm just trying to give him advice having owned both.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I gotcha.

Well, lets just say that them saying officially we are getting it makes it more likely than not saying anything, or, saying we wont get it. :p Asus seems to be pretty good about getting updates out though, so, I have high hopes. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance