Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Buy Exchanging Primes?

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeJones View Post
    For those that exchanged successfully, did you need to fill out the warranty card? Should i just leave it blank?
    No, leave it blank. Your not sending it back. BB is sending it as rma. I don't think it matters if you have already filled it out though.

ROM
    Stock

Going in to my store in Tucson, AZ in an hour. I am going to tell them my issues, and am going to ask for store credit. Will update with info!
    Nokia 3220-->Motorola Razr-->Sidekick LX-->HTC G1-->Motorola Cliq-->HTC Thunderbolt-->Samsung Galaxy Note II

Getting mine ready to try the swap tomorrow. Does anyone know if the grey TF700 is the same shade of grey as the TF201? It would be nice if the keyboard dock that I have matched the tablet.

As far as needing receipts goes, I assume that the pickup slip from the web site would be sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmcferrin View Post
    Getting mine ready to try the swap tomorrow. Does anyone know if the grey TF700 is the same shade of grey as the TF201? It would be nice if the keyboard dock that I have matched the tablet.

As far as needing receipts goes, I assume that the pickup slip from the web site would be sufficient?
    It's the same color and they can look up the receipt if needed on their computer if you used your credit card or gave them your info when you bought it.

i bought mine from amazon.com, if i bring it in to a bestbuy and have the purchase receipt\confirmation and date of purchase will they take it and trade it in or do i have to have bought it from bestbuy

Going to try this later today. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dvdbabcock View Post
    i bought mine from amazon.com, if i bring it in to a bestbuy and have the purchase receipt\confirmation and date of purchase will they take it and trade it in or do i have to have bought it from bestbuy
    Why don't you try talking Amazon first. They might take it back.

No luck. They told me I had to contact the manufacturer.

I got to an agreeable Geek repair person in a NJ store and after he checked to see if the wifi could be repaired he convinced the manager to do the exchange. Infinity should be here tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeJones View Post
    If you don't have the receipt, could they look under the credit card you used, or the account you used if you ordered it online?
    Most stores I shop at now can do returns without needing a receipt, and, they should be able to look it up using your credit card. I don't even keep receipts anymore for most things. And, some stores now you can even access your receipts online.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandawg View Post
    No luck. They told me I had to contact the manufacturer.
    Is there another store you can try? Tell them Asus told you to return it to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96 View Post
    Is there another store you can try? Tell them Asus told you to return it to the store.
    I tried the two stores near to me, and they told me ASUS had to contact them to exchange it for the new tablet

ugh, i bought my tf201 at officedepot.com because i couldnt find any in stock anywhere, and that must have been back in march? i really wish i could exchange it for a tf700... i wanted to hold out for the infinity back then but had no idea when they would actually be shipping so i just gave in and got the 201.

i played with a tf700 today at best buy and man the screen is REALLY nice... any way i can get the same thing done through asus? ive never done anything through officedepot but i would imagine it being a pita, especially since i bought it online. i thought i remember reading something about a 15% restocking fee for refunds/exchanges, not to mention the fact that i bought it almost 5 months ago.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Yeah, I bought via adorama and im in the same position

People being told to contact ASUS are probably SOL. This is in an email I got from ASUS with my RMA number for a repair:
    ASUS - North America (NA) is a warranty service center only. Please contact place of purchase for credit, refunds, upgrades / model changes, or new retail box replacement. ASUS does not provide these services under any circumstances.

Color me shocked. I bought my TF201 back in JANUARY from Best Buy's web site with store pickup. I just took it back tonight and told them that the GPS has never worked and that I wanted a warranty exchange on it. Customer Service had someone from Geek squad verify that the GPS couldn't see a single satellite (even indoors at the store, my Droid 4 got 14 satellites on GPS test), and then agreed to do the swap. No hassling, no arguments, no nothing. They even suggested that instead of getting another TF201 that I get the TF700 since it's the same price, as if that weren't the reason that I was there in the first place!

The only issue that I ran into was that when doing the return the computer kept coming up saying that I owed $5.35. The CS rep couldn't make heads or tails of it, but we assumed that the system didn't like that I had originally paid with a combination of Reward Zone certificates, gift cards, and my credit card. But since I paid the same price for my Prime as the Infinity ($499.99) she just had a manager approve it. Obviously I had my receipt and original packaging. I normally complain about Best Buy, but they really did a great job for me. I'm sorry that other people aren't having as good luck.

Anyway, I'm charging the Infinity now. Once it has a little life in it I'll plug it into the dock and then we're off.
    TonyLibations likes this.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Thanks for posting this! I was able to swap mine at my local BB today. No hassle or anything, she just swapped it out, took maybe 10 minutes.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

What color of the Infinity model is Best Buy selling? I have the Amesthyst Gray color for my Prime and dock. I won't do the exchange if they aren't selling the same color.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I wouldn't care if it were pink if I could exchange my Prime for an even better tablet.

Looks like Gray and Champagne Gold.

asus infinity - Best Buy
    Va1ha11a likes this.

IMO this is making GameStop and ASUS look pretty bad haha. I know for sure that I won't buy anything at GameStop again (not a gamer, so odds were against it anyway), and I'm quite unimpressed with Asus's customer service as well. Best Buy is giving people an Infinity for the problems EVERYONE has had with this tablet from the beginning, but Asus was going to make ME pay for shipping for them to fix the camera on my tablet that broke with an update THEY sent out.

Say what you want about Apple, and maybe I'm just spoiled by my experiences with them, but I recommend the hell out of AppleCare to anyone buying an Apple product. I can't even recommend buying an Asus product in the first place if you care at all about customer service. I love the product aside from its well-known flaws, but am just frustrated by my experiences overall.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Who buys stuff from Gamestop anyway?

Well, you are comparing customer service for a product you purchased to products you purchased and paid more money to have them take care of you. If you had paid for AsusCare (I know it doesn't exist, made it up to prove the point) and were in the same situation, I'd say, okay, but, it's really not the same boat. You'd have to compare it to Apple's customer service without AppleCare.

And, I've already had them take care of me once when my Prime bricked due to a bad Mobo. Replaced my Mobo, no questions asked, they paid shipping both ways.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Also, Apple's products are expensive because you pay for customer service. ($1000 for a computer with the same amount of space as a large ipod classic, anyone?).
    Devinator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel611 View Post
    What color of the Infinity model is Best Buy selling? I have the Amesthyst Gray color for my Prime and dock. I won't do the exchange if they aren't selling the same color.
    They had both at my store, and show both online. Mine was grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Who buys stuff from Gamestop anyway?
    Haha, not me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Well, you are comparing customer service for a product you purchased to products you purchased and paid more money to have them take care of you. If you had paid for AsusCare (I know it doesn't exist, made it up to prove the point) and were in the same situation, I'd say, okay, but, it's really not the same boat. You'd have to compare it to Apple's customer service without AppleCare.
    The only problem there is that if you don't pay for extended AppleCare, you still get the same level of service for a year, maybe without phone support or something after a certain time but being able to go to the AppleStore beats that anyway.

But yeah, I guess that's kinda the trade-off with Apple: paying $500 gets you a lower spec'd product but better customer service.

To be honest, I was kind of over-reacting. I still love the Transformer Prime. Just kinda jealous some people are getting Infinities , and frustrated from having to call Asus so many times for a simple fix (and never getting the replacement USB cable they were supposed to send me).
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Lol, yea, Gamestop? Best Buy? That's not Amazon or Newegg, lol.

Ahh, I gotcha. I'll concede that I have heard good things about Apple's customer service, but, I have yet to have anything but stellar service from Asus. That is only based off one interaction though, we'll see what happens in the future.

Lol. Yea, I'm jealous too man. Well, if you aren't getting what you want from them, you should send them an email or write a letter with your issues. Sometimes you have to take it to the next level when dealing with companies, but, it usually works out in my favor.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast