Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Best Buy Exchanging Primes?

I was able to exchange my Prime at my local Best Buy, despite buying it on Feb. 28. I figured I would have to haggle, but I didn't. When I was asked what was the issue I was told I can't get a GPS signal and WiFI reception is extremely weak.

The CSR put all that into the computer, asked me if I wanted to exchange it for another tablet, I said yes the Infinity. I went and got the Infinity from the tablets department and walked out the door 5 minutes later with a brand new Infinity.

Best Buy really earned my respect with this one. They don't have to do this but they are because it seems they understand electronics and that they should "work". That's great customer service in my book.

ROM
    stock

Make sure you check online to see if the store has the Infinity, & make sure you get the correct replacement in the store (the first BB employee I went to got the Transformer 300 instead...the customer service rep noticed it & got the T700).

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Took mine back to a store in NC today. Lady at customer service noticed it had been since Jan and stated she didn't think it would let her return it. I told her that GPS didn't work and that ASUS had told me to return it to the store. She typed it in and the computer took it (no manager override req). Gave me a gift card for the full amount. I went back and bought a TF-700. It did cost me $1.20 because tax rates had changed.

So I have a choice if I should trade mine in since I have 1yr warranty and I bought it at BB, question is, is it really worth trading it? People in the other forum with infinitys are still complaining about lag, etc....
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

just the screen imo makes it worth the deal. The better wifi reception is just icing on the cake. We have lag on the TFP as well.
    Devinator likes this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

What would keep you from trading it in?
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.

what would keep me from trading it is I bought the skinomi carbon fiber for both the keyboard/table $30, gumdrop case $50 and my wifi isnt that bad unless I go to the backyard since my router it upstair. I don`1t really use the GPS that much,but I have it on just in case I look for a location. And Bestbuy said ones I trade it in , I`d have to buy a new 1yr warranty for the infiniti (rip off). So what do you guys think? I need some opinion.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Will those accessories work for the infinity? Also, how old is your prime?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

I'd go to a different best buy, you don't have to buy the warranty, call them on their BS, they're bluffing IMO. They wouldn't make you buy the warranty if you were replacing for another TF201, why should you have to pay the warranty for the TF700?
    Devinator and c00l0ne like this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Yea, that does seem kinda strange. Especially since it's sorta like a recall. Not sure why they would tell you that, do they make commission on sales like that?

They wont work, bcus they changes a few things on the infiniti, like the volume rocker location etc. I bought mine Feb of this year.

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Yeah the warranty is bogus! I`m not about to buy another one year, it should be carried to the new product.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Wait wait wait, are we talking about the manufacturer warranty? If so, and, this is technically a new purchase, you should get a brand new one year warranty through Asus. You wouldn't be dealing with Best Buy if something went wrong with the tablet anyway, you'd be dealing with Asus, so, who cares what BB says.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Wait wait wait, are we talking about the manufacturer warranty? If so, and, this is technically a new purchase, you should get a brand new one year warranty through Asus. You wouldn't be dealing with Best Buy if something went wrong with the tablet anyway, you'd be dealing with Asus, so, who cares what BB says.
    Oh no no no...I`m talking about bb 1yr warranty $99. Sorry I didn`t elaborate.

---------- Post Merged at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:32 PM ----------

wait Asus have 1yr manufacture warranty?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I believe it's one year, yes. Check the documentation for your Prime. It should say what the warranty is. Seems kinda like the standard for devices like these.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

This is just them trying to take your money. Don't fall for it.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Yea, that's what it sounds like. You will get a new receipt with your TF700 and can register it and everything. It's a totally different product.

Great !! thanks guys!! I had a feeling they`re trying to rip me off. I`ll check my manufacture warranty too.

Took my Prime in to Best Buy today at lunch, expecting a hassle about the return and having to explain the wifi defect, blahblahblah...None what so ever, quick and easy exchange for the Infinity. Wish things were that smooth all the time.
    c00l0ne likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Weird that some people can do it easily, but some can't do it all, and others can do it but with some difficulty. Doesn't sound like a company strategy....
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

The issue is probably the employees. I would assume they have one policy, but, employees are either ignorant of the policy, don't understand how it works, or, are just trying to give people a hard time.

Hey 4 Star General,

What are yous guys saying when you go in? I'd love to off load mine and get an Infinity.
    Wondering if i should go in and talk to a manager just to make sure and then comeback with my tablet or if i should just show up and push for it.

Thanks guys!
    S

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    The issue is probably the employees. I would assume they have one policy, but, employees are either ignorant of the policy, don't understand how it works, or, are just trying to give people a hard time.
    Sums up Best Buy employees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Teams: Brooklyn Nets || NY Giants || SFO Giants || FC Barcelona ||Manchester United
    Devices: ASUS Transformer Prime || AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note || 13" MacBook Pro
    Long as your mama love you, dont ever love a woman - Wale
    Devinator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schafudd View Post
    What are yous guys saying when you go in? I'd love to off load mine and get an Infinity.
    Wondering if i should go in and talk to a manager just to make sure and then comeback with my tablet or if i should just show up and push for it.
    When you take it to customer service, tell them that it appears to be defective and ask for a warranty return. Make it clear you're talking about the manufacturer's warranty, not the BB 1 year service plan or whatever (assuming that you have one). Explain that the wifi has always been sketchy and that the GPS has never worked. Once they verify this it should be clear sailing. Just remember that technically you are asking for a return, not a swap. Once they give you credit for the return you can get whatever you want. The CS people where I went were trying to convince me to get a Galaxy Tab instead, but you should be able to get whatever with the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmcferrin View Post
    When you take it to customer service, tell them that it appears to be defective and ask for a warranty return. Make it clear you're talking about the manufacturer's warranty, not the BB 1 year service plan or whatever (assuming that you have one). Explain that the wifi has always been sketchy and that the GPS has never worked. Once they verify this it should be clear sailing. Just remember that technically you are asking for a return, not a swap. Once they give you credit for the return you can get whatever you want. The CS people where I went were trying to convince me to get a Galaxy Tab instead, but you should be able to get whatever with the credit.
    Problem when I tried this is that they said it's been passed the 30 day return window, and I have to deal directly with ASUS.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Have you tried more than one BB?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast