Best Buy Exchanging Primes?

hollywould

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
How would I go about this if i purchased my Prime at Bestbuy.com? Should I just shoot a email to their customer service? :-\

Bought mine from Bestbuy.com and they wouldn't exchange it for me in store. Maybe will try emailing them to see if they'll exchange it online.

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I talked to the local Best Buy here and they will exchange to the Infinity because I have the extended warranty. They consider the warranty fulfilled with exchange. I was somewhat hesitant because they kept telling me repeatedly that the dock for the prime is not compatible with the infinity. I figured I could exchange it another day after some conclusive research.

hollywould

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
See my problem is I don't have the extended warranty, and they won't exchange it after 30 days. So it looks like I'm SOL. It's sucks because now I have to RMA it for the camera problem.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine from Bestbuy.com and they wouldn't exchange it for me in store. Maybe will try emailing them to see if they'll exchange it online.
See my problem is I don't have the extended warranty, and they won't exchange it after 30 days. So it looks like I'm SOL. It's sucks because now I have to RMA it for the camera problem.

You might try going to a different Best Buy, if you have more than one in your area. There are quite a few stories in the XDA thread (that I linked earlier in this thread) of folks being turned down at one store, yet succeeding at another...and several who succeeded even though they didn't get the ADH warranty and past the 30 days.

There are LOTS of stories in that XDA post now (50+ pages so far)...worth reading through if you haven't yet!

Either way...good luck!

hollywould

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried 3 different Best Buys to no avail. I think It might depend on what state you are in, because some states might have more strict return policies. Maybe, I don't really know, I'm just speculating. I did shoot an email to Best Buy Customer service, so we'll see what happens with that.

ac110

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I raced to Best Buy last night here in NJ and they seamed to do a lot of checking but said they had no way to do the exchange or refund. I then called customer service and got a very helpful person who spent a lot of time gathering info and asking others; she even checked the web, but still could do nothing. I think the comment about different return rules in different states may be correct. I will keep reading this forum to see if anyone hears from BB. It would be GREAT to get the Infinity.

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I talked to the local Best Buy here and they will exchange to the Infinity because I have the extended warranty. They consider the warranty fulfilled with exchange. I was somewhat hesitant because they kept telling me repeatedly that the dock for the prime is not compatible with the infinity. I figured I could exchange it another day after some conclusive research.

Update:
I went and did the exchange this morning. Took all of ten minutes.

erick0423

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Those of you who have exchanged, did you just go to the customer service desk and they knew what you were talking about?

Just say u want to exchange due to gps problem it works for me,good luck, o yeah bring u reciept just incase

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Another success story. I am in CA, took it to my local best buy. I had bright spots on the LCD and my HDMI port stopped working. I showed them the bright spots and they didn't even try the HDMI. They typed a few key strokes and ordered me a new TF700. They barely even looked at the prime. Once I confirmed that they were exchanging it I did a factory reset in store. I was unlocked and rooted.

Now I just have to wait a few days for it to arrive. Took about 20 minutes total. Very painless. I have to hand it to them, that is some pretty good customer service.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How would I go about this if i purchased my Prime at Bestbuy.com? Should I just shoot a email to their customer service? :-\

I bought mine from bestbuy.com and they exchanged mine today in the store. I was polite but firm that I didn't want it anymore and to please give me an infinity.

Last edited:

Beretta96

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is compatible with the Infinity tablet.

"The Infinity is compatible with the Transformer Dock ($149) from the TF Prime as long as your dock has firmware 207 or later on it." (that's from the anandtech review; checked it just make sure before telling you it would work).

Same here. Dock for Prime worked great for Infinity as I'm typing from my dock right now. It updated the firmware and I'm good to go.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Dock for Prime worked great for Infinity as I'm typing from my dock right now. It updated the firmware and I'm good to go.

Yeah, I remember that that was one of the huge selling points when the Infinity was revealed. Everyone loved that the docks were compatible. I don't know why Best Buy employees are messing this up so badly. Perhaps it's the negative side of me, but, they could just be trying to cash in by selling you an un-needed $150 dock for commission or something.

pktchunk

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just took mine to BestBuy, cited the issues in this thread and was able to exchange for the infinity! Thanks for the heads-up and tips everyone!

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you need to have this "ADH" for it to work? I purchased mine online, during that whole fiasco where it was only in a "secret" or "usually inaccessible" part of bestbuy.com, but I am not sure if I "got" ADH. How can I check to see if I have it?

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you need to have this "ADH" for it to work? I purchased mine online, during that whole fiasco where it was only in a "secret" or "usually inaccessible" part of bestbuy.com, but I am not sure if I "got" ADH. How can I check to see if I have it?

No adh necessary. It is returned under the manufacturers defect warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

port67

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Prime exchanged for Infinity at Bestbuy in Austin Texas.
1. I had not purchased any plan
2. I had it in the box and original receipt from January with one exchange in March
3. just said it was a continuing issue with the wifi and GPS and that I had gotten the ASUS dongle but it did not fix the issue.
4. I am a rewards silver member not sure if that maters or not though

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Prime exchanged for Infinity at Bestbuy in Austin Texas.
1. I had not purchased any plan
2. I had it in the box and original receipt from January with one exchange in March
3. just said it was a continuing issue with the wifi and GPS and that I had gotten the ASUS dongle but it did not fix the issue.
4. I am a rewards silver member not sure if that maters or not though

If you don't have the receipt, could they look under the credit card you used, or the account you used if you ordered it online?I think I have it, buy I'm not home now, so I can't say for sure. Also, since I don't know if I purchased warranty, or ADH or whatever, and I am leaning towards the fact that I didn't, will me purchasing it that far back, almost 8 months, affect my return/exchange?

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have the receipt, could they look under the credit card you used, or the account you used if you ordered it online?I think I have it, buy I'm not home now, so I can't say for sure. Also, since I don't know if I purchased warranty, or ADH or whatever, and I am leaning towards the fact that I didn't, will me purchasing it that far back, almost 8 months, affect my return/exchange?

They should be able to look it up for you...and the length of time you've had it shouldn't be an issue since it had a one-year warranty. Mine was seven months old when they took it back last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan