Trade Transformer Prime for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Meh. The Verge didn't seem too happy with the Note 10.1. On paper, it does seem pretty awesome, though.

Last edited:

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
What are some of the features that you are digging? Anything you liked that the Prime doesn't offer?

For me the split-screen multitasking seems like a great idea, and seems like it has potential, but it seems pretty limited right now.

The S-Pen is also pretty cool, and could be really handy for certain uses.

The front-facing stereo speakers seem like kind of a no-brainer, especially after frequently having to cup my hand over the Prime's single rear-facing speaker.

They probably should have put a higher-res screen in the thing, though.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would keep the Prime, unless you don't and never will play games. And won't want the keyboard dock.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
For me the split-screen multitasking seems like a great idea, and seems like it has potential, but it seems pretty limited right now.

The front-facing stereo speakers seem like kind of a no-brainer, especially after frequently having to cup my hand over the Prime's single rear-facing speaker.

Oh, I would love that. Sitting at my office desk right now with my Prime open, computer with two monitors, and, each monitor frequently will have multiple applications windowed and viewable simultaneously. So, the more multitasking I can do the better. That's a feature I would love to see on my Prime. :'(

Ahh, yea, definitely. Sound on the Prime isn't all that great. But, headphones to the rescue.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Haha yeah headphones help :)

I'm sure an app or ROM including that split-screen function will come around. There were already apps that allow you to float a video or browser window over whatever you're doing before Samsung added that Pop-Up Video (whatever it's called) function to TouchWiz, for example.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol.

Yea, that'd be nice. I should investigate. That'd be really handy.

I don't play all that many games on my Prime. However, the dock is incredible. My Prime is in it's dock like 95% of the time. I use it like a netbook I guess. But, I never really use the trackpad. I'd rather just touch the screen.