Launcher Failed Error Message

srosencrans

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I did a search and didn't see anything on this yet.

So, I got my parents a Transformer Prime, they've had it about 6 months or so, I know it is running ICS now, not exactly sure which version. I'll have to find out.

They called me the other day and said that it is often now popping up the error "Launcher Failed" or something like that, I've seen it on my phone. I know if they reset the tablet that it will stop for a while but seems like it keeps happening.

My mom usually only runs Chrome and email, maybe a game. I can't believe it would be running out of memory from this, but not sure since I can't see it, only going off what they tell me.

Anyone else's Prime doing this lately, or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I did a search and didn't see anything on this yet.

So, I got my parents a Transformer Prime, they've had it about 6 months or so, I know it is running ICS now, not exactly sure which version. I'll have to find out.

They called me the other day and said that it is often now popping up the error "Launcher Failed" or something like that, I've seen it on my phone. I know if they reset the tablet that it will stop for a while but seems like it keeps happening.

My mom usually only runs Chrome and email, maybe a game. I can't believe it would be running out of memory from this, but not sure since I can't see it, only going off what they tell me.

Anyone else's Prime doing this lately, or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

No, I have never experienced that.

How often is it happening? Every couple of days, or, every five minutes? If it's a couple of times a day, I wouldn't sweat it and investigate the next time you see them.

I'm assuming it's not some custom launcher they are running either?

Have they rebooted?

Yes Val, it says when they reboot it fixes it, but, comes back. :p

srosencrans

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It does happen after a reset, just if you turn it off and back on, but not immediately, it's fine for a while I hear.

No custom launcher. I don't see them but once a month or so. I'll have to see if it does it when I go see them next. Then I can probably see exactly what it's doing.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I'd say that is the best course of action. Kinda hard to troubleshoot through you to them over the internet. :p Keep us posted!!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not much we can do when we hear about problems third hand! However, we'll happily do all we can to help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae