Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    Yup, I had the "Check your notifs message" but I don't have any update in the notif bar. It could be the wifi I'm on, I think the firewall is a little trigger-happy, I'll try again when I get home tonight.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Like I said, I didn't do anything and it just started going. I'd say just leave it in that state and eventually it'll go through.

Firmware update notification appeared in my Notification area. So I let it do the update, it rebooted my Prime, and seemed to be updating. But then it got to the startup screen and it said the update failed.

Not sure what the "DMclient" app is. Did a search in the app store and came up empty. What cache should I empty, the Dalvik cache or something? I have various applications, and I think Titanium does that. Unfortunately, the update no longer appears in the firmware update section under Settings, so I am not sure whether it will get pushed out to me again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Upgrade went OK., if a little slow. Had to manually bounce it three times to get wifi working and the weather app to change back to F. All seems fine now.

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by eklisiewicz View Post

Not sure what the "DMclient" app is.
    Settings >> Apps >> All >> DMClient. In the past I couldn't get an update at all. Forced stopped it, cleared data/cache, rebooted, then I could get the update.

I cleared out the data and cache, then tried the FIrmware Update again. It still says no update is available.

Oops, now will stop the DM Client and reboot.

OK, even after stopping the DM client and rebooting, I could not get the update. And I noticed DM client restarts itself after booting up again.

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I was just clarifying how to find DMClient. The only way clearing data/cache for it ever helped me for updates was when my Prime told me there were no updates. As far as this issue goes, when I received the updates in notification area message, I just let the Prime sit for an hour and it started downloading randomly.

Also, the instructions are to stop it, then clear cache/data, then reboot. Not clear cache/data, stop, then reboot. Not sure if it makes a difference, just saying. And, like I said, still don't think that this will help with this issue, but, you never know.

Were you running stock or were you rooted for ICS? Because I am rooted, and it may have failed due to that.

Tried the DM Client thing again in the order you mentioned. It didn't help; I am still unable to get the update.

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Stock.

OK, so my theory is probably right. I would have to unroot my tablet and return to stock to get the update, and I can't be bothered. Is the JB update worth it?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Hey, are any of your folks experiencing this issue now?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...e-comment.html

Appreciate your insight. Thanks.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Is the JB update worth it?
    It's making my Prime run nice and smooth. But, if you are running another ROM, that issue might have been fixed for you already.

---------- Post Merged at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
    Hey, are any of your folks experiencing this issue now?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...e-comment.html

Appreciate your insight. Thanks.
    Yea, I'm having the issue, can still select text on touchscreen, but, not with keyboard in some places. Works fine in Drive, but, not in website text boxes.

---------- Post Merged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Seems to be limited to the stock browser though. Just reproduced the test in Chrome and it was fine highlighting in text boxes.

Updated isn't showing up for me
    Teams: Brooklyn Nets || NY Giants || SFO Giants || FC Barcelona ||Manchester United
    Devices: ASUS Transformer Prime || AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note || 13" MacBook Pro
    Long as your mama love you, dont ever love a woman - Wale

I have never used other ROMs. I am not even sure how to do that, though I have the ROM manager app. And my tablet isn't exactly running smoothly. Gmail crashes all the time, and my launcher app is unstable.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I was hoping that I could get the update but guess it's a no go for me. I tried "restoring to stock" by following the instructions at XDA ( [ROM]Asus stock .28 for Unlocked devices - xda-developers )... All is working, but says no update is available. Maybe I missed something. The prime cannot be rooted at all? I had installed the "pre-rooted" version.

got my update installed this afternoon... seems to be running alright. maybe a little faster than it was on stock ICS. google now is pretty slick though
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I have never used other ROMs. I am not even sure how to do that, though I have the ROM manager app. And my tablet isn't exactly running smoothly. Gmail crashes all the time, and my launcher app is unstable.

Okay, so, you are just rooted then? You could always try unrooting. Then get the update.

Wait, now you sound like.you got the update. I thought you said it failed the update?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Yup, I had the "Check your notifs message" but I don't have any update in the notif bar. It could be the wifi I'm on, I think the firewall is a little trigger-happy, I'll try again when I get home tonight.

After swapping wifi, the update was found and is now installing without issue.
    Devinator likes this.

I am happy to say that the Jelly Bean fixed my biggest frustration with my Transformer Prime. You couldn't play video purchased or rented from the Google Play store on a big screen through the HDMI cable. Only the audio worked. Jelly Bean fixed this problem! This is HUGE! It should probably go on the list of new features in Jelly Bean, as I know many others were pretty ticked about this one.

If anyone is wondering what the heck I'm talking about:

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Anyone for Canada get the update yet?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    It's making my Prime run nice and smooth. But, if you are running another ROM, that issue might have been fixed for you already.

---------- Post Merged at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Yea, I'm having the issue, can still select text on touchscreen, but, not with keyboard in some places. Works fine in Drive, but, not in website text boxes.

---------- Post Merged at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Seems to be limited to the stock browser though. Just reproduced the test in Chrome and it was fine highlighting in text boxes.
    Thanks for confirming. The other thing I noticed is that my Backspace key on the dock will randomly stop working. It's almost like the text window becomes inactive for that key. What you have to do is tap the text area to get that blue triangle to reappear and then the backspace key will regain it's funcationality for a brief period of time before the process repeats itself.

I'm new to these forums and have only had my TF201 for about 3 months. In your experience will a fix or update likely be created to address these bugs? I'm not all that in the loop about OS updates and how this process usualy plays out in terms of correcting/addressing bugs.

Thanks again.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

At the beginning of the prime's life updates were coming thick and fast, they've tapered off quite a bit, but I would say that (especially if this affects the infinity as well) we will get a fix definitely before thanksgiving, and if we're lucky (and this affects a large portion of the users) we could get another before Halloween.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Maybe, maybe not. Unless they find these bugs, or, someone tells them about it, they wont. If these things concern you, you could make a list, and, shoot them an email. Or, I think Asus has forums, you might be able to find a bug thread over there and post them. I'm sure it's feedback that they want, ya know?

---------- Post Merged at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:34 PM ----------

At the beginning of the prime's life updates were coming thick and fast, they've tapered off quite a bit, but I would say that (especially if this affects the infinity as well) we will get a fix definitely before thanksgiving, and if we're lucky (and this affects a large portion of the users) we could get another before Halloween.
    Yea, Asus really rocks with updates. I'm quite impressed. Now if they would only make phones.

A buddy at work was trying to convince me we wouldn't see KLP on the Prime, probably just to annoy me though, lol. I don't see why not. I mean, at the rate they have been going with updates, I could see it.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast