Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update

Quote Originally Posted by givver View Post
    Anyone for Canada get the update yet?
    I've been waiting. Nothing in Vancouver yet.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Oh wow! cant't wat!

Did this update really come with project butter? Cause I'm still getting some stutter on the homescreen transitions. Eek. Just doesn't feel quite as "butter smooth" as my Gnex.

Anybody else?
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Unless they find these bugs, or, someone tells them about it, they wont. If these things concern you, you could make a list, and, shoot them an email. Or, I think Asus has forums, you might be able to find a bug thread over there and post them. I'm sure it's feedback that they want, ya know?

---------- Post Merged at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Yea, Asus really rocks with updates. I'm quite impressed. Now if they would only make phones.

A buddy at work was trying to convince me we wouldn't see KLP on the Prime, probably just to annoy me though, lol. I don't see why not. I mean, at the rate they have been going with updates, I could see it.
    I kinda doubt it, I'm sure we'll get cyanogenmod, but the prime will be kinda old (much how the tf101 isn't getting jelly bean (are they? It's not announced but Asus)). I think the infinity will though (and maybe the tf300)

Edit: yup, its smoother, but still laggier than I would like.

Devinator, let me clarify. Yesterday, it told me there was a firmware update available. I tried running the update, it rebooted, and then told me the update failed. Attempts to try and get the update again have also failed, based on my messages above. This morning, I went to the System Firmware Update setting, and it continues to say there is no update available. So I guess I am S.O.L. unless I return to stock. But it sounds like some people tried to do that from rooted Primes and are unable to get the update again. As for other ROMs, I have read about some of them, but I am not sure what the best ones are.

mine doesn't even show there is an update available , trying from yesterday, mine is stock ,boot loader locked and not even rooted yet

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I've been waiting. Nothing in Vancouver yet.

Just got the notification in Canada and am downloading now.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist

this is waht i got from XDA tried the sd card and it worked

Part 1: Restoring Tablet to Stock
    1. Download the system dump that matches your current software:
    WW - - MD5 - 68D41197B399967B7F6789E47683A0D7
    US - - MD5 - DF17D3129378E9A7F81C58AF7BF5396B
    TW - MD5 - 3999B0E052211AA53ED1DB5D06A02AD3
    2. Unzip the compressed firmware file to the root directory of a MicroSD card (external). Only extract this once so your sdcard should look something like this:
    /MicroSD/US_epad-user-9.4.2.28.zip
    3.With your Transformer turned on, insert the MicroSD into the MicroSD card slot.
    4. An exclamation mark should appear in the notification area.
    5. Tap the mark and proceed with the update.
    6. Your tablet should now reboot and proceed to update the tablet, if you get an error try redownloading the update and trying again.

Part 2: Rooting your Tablet
    Voodoo root keeper didn't save my root after part 1, so to root it I used Debugfs automated root:

After your tablet is rooted you should use OTA root keeper to backup your root.

Part 3: Manual Update to Jellybean
    1.Download the dlpkgfile for your system, I uploaded the US file:

2. Place the dlpkgfile on your tablet's storage.
    3. Download ES File manager and go to settings>root settings and tick all the boxes.
    4. Copy dlpkgfile to /cache
    5. Go to /cache/recovery and create a new file named command
    6. Open the file as a text and place the following code in it and save:
    --update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile
    7. Turn off the tablet
    8. Press and hold volume down+power until the tablet vibrates then release power and keep holding volume down
    9 When a text shows on the boot logo screen release volume down and click volume up
    10. The tablet should now start updating, it'll take about 30 minutes and once the tablet boots you'll have jellybean
    11. Restore root with root keeper

This method should work for everyone with a locked bootloader

XDA URL :

From XDA got below

Part 1: Restoring Tablet to Stock
    1. Download the system dump that matches your current software:
    WW - - MD5 - 68D41197B399967B7F6789E47683A0D7
    US - - MD5 - DF17D3129378E9A7F81C58AF7BF5396B
    TW - MD5 - 3999B0E052211AA53ED1DB5D06A02AD3
    2. Unzip the compressed firmware file to the root directory of a MicroSD card (external). Only extract this once so your sdcard should look something like this:
    /MicroSD/US_epad-user-9.4.2.28.zip
    3.With your Transformer turned on, insert the MicroSD into the MicroSD card slot.
    4. An exclamation mark should appear in the notification area.
    5. Tap the mark and proceed with the update.
    6. Your tablet should now reboot and proceed to update the tablet, if you get an error try redownloading the update and trying again.

Part 2: Rooting your Tablet
    Voodoo root keeper didn't save my root after part 1, so to root it I used Debugfs automated root:

After your tablet is rooted you should use OTA root keeper to backup your root.

Part 3: Manual Update to Jellybean
    1.Download the dlpkgfile for your system, I uploaded the US file:

2. Place the dlpkgfile on your tablet's storage.
    3. Download ES File manager and go to settings>root settings and tick all the boxes.
    4. Copy dlpkgfile to /cache
    5. Go to /cache/recovery and create a new file named command
    6. Open the file as a text and place the following code in it and save:
    --update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile
    7. Turn off the tablet
    8. Press and hold volume down+power until the tablet vibrates then release power and keep holding volume down
    9 When a text shows on the boot logo screen release volume down and click volume up
    10. The tablet should now start updating, it'll take about 30 minutes and once the tablet boots you'll have jellybean
    11. Restore root with root keeper

This method should work for everyone with a locked bootloader

XDA URL
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Is there anyone else having constant reboot issues while using the keyboard dock? I was chatting on Google Talk this morning and experienced at least 5 different resets. Seems to be okay now that it is un-docked from the keyboard.

Note: My Prime was updated yesterday evening and I have rebooted it several time prior to this morning.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Just got my Update in Toronto, Also got a Keyboard Dock firmware update. It seam buttery smooth now.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by givver View Post
    Just got my Update in Toronto, Also got a Keyboard Dock firmware update. It seam buttery smooth now.
    I'm honestly a bit underwhelmed by this update. I expected the feel to be smoother. I am not really noticing much of a difference from ICS in terms of screen touch and feel. It still doesn't rival the ipad in terms of touch screen smoothness. Someone mentioned it taking a bit for everything to load which seemed odd. But over all I expected more butter. Lol.

Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters72 View Post
    Is there anyone else having constant reboot issues while using the keyboard dock? I was chatting on Google Talk this morning and experienced at least 5 different resets. Seems to be okay now that it is un-docked from the keyboard.

Note: My Prime was updated yesterday evening and I have rebooted it several time prior to this morning.
    Definitely having a keyboard dock issue. I just connected to the dock after playing with it for about an hour un-docked w/o any crashes. Result: Instant crash when I unlocked the screen.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    I kinda doubt it, I'm sure we'll get cyanogenmod, but the prime will be kinda old (much how the tf101 isn't getting jelly bean (are they? It's not announced but Asus)). I think the infinity will though (and maybe the tf300)

Edit: yup, its smoother, but still laggier than I would like.
    Not with an attitude like that anyway. I dunno, it hasn't been 10 months yet and the Prime has received two major updates. It could happen, I'm not saying it will, just saying the pace is the type of pace where it could.

I have only had one instance of noticeable lag, and, it was possible that it was also a network issue. Other than that, running quite smooth here.

Quote Originally Posted by eklisiewicz View Post
    Devinator, let me clarify. Yesterday, it told me there was a firmware update available. I tried running the update, it rebooted, and then told me the update failed. Attempts to try and get the update again have also failed, based on my messages above. This morning, I went to the System Firmware Update setting, and it continues to say there is no update available. So I guess I am S.O.L. unless I return to stock. But it sounds like some people tried to do that from rooted Primes and are unable to get the update again. As for other ROMs, I have read about some of them, but I am not sure what the best ones are.
    Right, but, you never said you followed the DMClient instructions exactly. They are specific, and, I wouldn't rule it out as being something that could work until you follow it exactly. In the past, I had my Prime telling me there were no updates, when, I knew there were in fact updates, and, Stopping the DMClient, clearing it's data/cache, then rebooting, fixed the problem. Might not for this, but, those were the specific instructions to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters72 View Post

Nope, no issues here with dock. And I am a frequent Talk user.

I'm honestly a bit underwhelmed by this update. I expected the feel to be smoother. I am not really noticing much of a difference from ICS in terms of screen touch and feel. It still doesn't rival the ipad in terms of touch screen smoothness. Someone mentioned it taking a bit for everything to load which seemed odd. But over all I expected more butter. Lol.

I'm definitely seeing a difference. However, it's been a very long time since I've used an iPad, so, I can't really comment on that comparison. Do you mean a bit for everything to load initially on boot? Or, every time you do something like open an app it takes time to load. My Prime takes a bit to load up initially, but, after that, everything pops up almost immediately.

My DMClient keeps failing, even after I restart. I've cleared cache, what about data..?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by 3262john View Post
    My DMClient keeps failing, even after I restart. I've cleared cache, what about data..?
    In the past I have force stopped it, cleared data/cache, no problems. Will it cause you a problem if you do that? Maybe, but, like I said, I have done it in the past and had no problems.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by iamthemessenger View Post
    Did this update really come with project butter? Cause I'm still getting some stutter on the homescreen transitions. Eek. Just doesn't feel quite as "butter smooth" as my Gnex.
    Anybody else?
    It quite odd. Half of the time, it feels somewhat faster. A quarter of the time, it's so much faster it feels practically instantaneous. A quarter of the time, it hangs and stalls just like it used to do.

So the hangs and pauses are still there, maybe less frequent and maybe not as long a hang or pause. But these issues haven't gone away.

Sometimes it moves like lightning with one app, and then when I go back to it, the speed is no longer there. So this new found speed is not consistent.

Not really seeing buttery smoothness. If anything, there's an even bigger gap between slow and fast on the tablet.
    badbrad17 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    I'm definitely seeing a difference. However, it's been a very long time since I've used an iPad, so, I can't really comment on that comparison. Do you mean a bit for everything to load initially on boot? Or, every time you do something like open an app it takes time to load. My Prime takes a bit to load up initially, but, after that, everything pops up almost immediately.
    They mentioned more that the update took a bit to settle. The apps and responsiveness in loading apps is fine and seems faster. Just the screen movement and general feel would not be what I would call butter. If I scroll through screens it sort of moves in a staggering fashion a bit. Nothing horrible it's just not what I was hoping for.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Curious to know if most of you use the stock launcher or something else like Nova? I'm using Nova and so far I'm pretty happy about the update although I haven't played with the tablet much. I didn't notice any keyboard issues but the Asus weather widget won't load for me any longer so I reverted back to HD Widgets for my weather needs. Does the stock launcher appear similar to the Nexus 7 launcher? Nova looks the same.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
    60% of the time, It works every time!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius360 View Post
    Curious to know if most of you use the stock launcher or something else like Nova? I'm using Nova and so far I'm pretty happy about the update although I haven't played with the tablet much. I didn't notice any keyboard issues but the Asus weather widget won't load for me any longer so I reverted back to HD Widgets for my weather needs. Does the stock launcher appear similar to the Nexus 7 launcher? Nova looks the same.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
    60% of the time, It works every time!
    I'm using stock. No issues for me so far. Keyboard seems fine, but I did receive an update after I plugged it in. Check for that. The only other thing I noticed is that my tablet is vibrating when someone post to my Facebook wall. Random.

Android Evangelist
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

That's a Facebook setting

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    That's a Facebook setting
    Ya I haven't had a chance to check the settings in FB. I just thought it was odd as it never did that before. Turned itself on I guess.

Android Evangelist
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Ya I haven't had a chance to check the settings in FB. I just thought it was odd as it never did that before. Turned itself on I guess.

Yeah,maybe it did

I can't post comments on Facebook because the keyboard won't come up. Anyone else having this issue? Using SwiftKey.

ROM
    Stock

I'm using stock. No issues for me so far. Keyboard seems fine, but I did receive an update after I plugged it in. Check for that. The only other thing I noticed is that my tablet is vibrating when someone post to my Facebook wall. Random.

What version is your keyboard firmware? I am running TF201-DOCK-0207

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by dpwaters72; 09-29-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast