Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update

givver

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Gary Key just posted over at xda to say that the Official Transformer Prime Jelly Bean update will be here within the next 48 hours.

Frome his post on xda.... (Posted at 10:18am, Sept 26, 2012)
North American Update -
For those users in the US and Canada, the 10.4.2.15 Release should be available within the next 48 hours.

See full post here.
Android 4.1 - TF201 Official Update - xda-developers

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Could someone please do me a solid and post their stock boot animation? I'm trying to get my prime ready to accept the JB update and I have apparently deleted it. I checked data/local and system/media and can only find my modified boot animations. Thanks in advance.

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure i know where to find that or how to do it if i did. Does the stock boot animation go in system/media or data/local?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, you should be able to flash the stock update.zip file found here (it's the top file under firmware) move it over, reboot into recovery by turning the prime off, then press and hold volume down and power. Click apply update.zip and you should be good. Beware though because you probably will lose root, and acknowledge that since you have rooted your tablet, neither I nor anyone else are responsible for anything wonky that happens (I know that sounds ominous, I'm fairly sure nothing bad will happen). First though, make sure you have applied one of the custom boot animations (I don't know what happens if you don't have any, it could get bad)

Last edited:

gbarrett71

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have checked and says the update is available however I'm getting an error that says "download failed please try again in a few moments" and the Check Now button is greyed out on the check for updates screen. Frustrating as I'm excited to install this update.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have checked and says the update is available however I'm getting an error that says "download failed please try again in a few moments" and the Check Now button is greyed out on the check for updates screen. Frustrating as I'm excited to install this update.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Try rebooting and making sure you have a good WiFi connection.

Edit: I'm having this error too

Last edited:

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, you should be able to flash the stock update.zip file found here (it's the top file under firmware) move it over, reboot into recovery by turning the prime off, then press and hold volume down and power. Click apply update.zip and you should be good. Beware though because you probably will lose root, and acknowledge that since you have rooted your tablet, neither I nor anyone else are responsible for anything wonky that happens (I know that sounds ominous, I'm fairly sure nothing bad will happen). First though, make sure you have applied one of the custom boot animations (I don't know what happens if you don't have any, it could get bad)

I can't open the file to pull the bootanimation.zip out even using winrar. If someone could just pull theirs so I could download it that would be awesome.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Firmware update was pushed out to me, but it failed. I have a rooted Prime. Guess I will stay with what I have since I don't really understand the instructions on "preparing" the Prime for an update.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2