Keyboard Dock Version AFTER JB Update (TF201)

dpwaters72

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to see what keyboard dock firmware version are people running since updating to JB. I am at TF201-DOCK-0207. I cannot use my keyboard since updating to JB as it keeps crashing my Prime. As soon as the Prime goes to sleep (while docked), it resets. I have done a factory reset on the Prime and after the initial setup (before installing anything), it reset itself again. My Prime works fine if I un-dock it.....no resets at all.

NOTE: I am running stock.

dpwaters72

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So after further researching this issue on XDA forums, it appears to be an issue with the latest keyboard dock version and the SD card slot. After removing my SD card from the dock, no more resets.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to see what keyboard dock firmware version are people running since updating to JB. I am at TF201-DOCK-0207. I cannot use my keyboard since updating to JB as it keeps crashing my Prime. As soon as the Prime goes to sleep (while docked), it resets. I have done a factory reset on the Prime and after the initial setup (before installing anything), it reset itself again. My Prime works fine if I un-dock it.....no resets at all.

NOTE: I am running stock.

I am on the same dock version as you. I have not tried out the SD card slot in the dock, as I have a 32GB microSD in the tablet itself. Thanks for looking out. I'll make sure to avoid using the SD port in the dock until a patch is released.

"He didn't fall? Inconceivable".
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means".

Firespyer

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I can no longer wake my Prime from standby with the dock. I used to be able to wake it with a keypress, now I have to hit the power button. Not a huge issue, but kinda annoying.

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I can no longer wake my Prime from standby with the dock. I used to be able to wake it with a keypress, now I have to hit the power button. Not a huge issue, but kinda annoying.

There's a setting somewhere in the System Settings to enable/disable this functionality; I forget where exactly though and don't have my Prime with me. Might've been Screen, Power Saver, or the ASUS settings... (lol I know that's not very helpful)... doublecheck there, it may have been turned off by default. Mine was.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

It's under settings > ASUS customized setting > MobileDock Battery saving mode (near the bottom of the page). Make sure it is unchecked if you want to be able to use the dock keys to wake.

Last edited:

tony1ant

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I am Having the same issue, after the update to JB my TF201 keeps rebooting itself.
Any help would be appreciated
I'm running stock version of JB.
Thanks in advance

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am Having the same issue, after the update to JB my TF201 keeps rebooting itself.
Any help would be appreciated
I'm running stock version of JB.
Thanks in advance

Take the SD card out of your keyboard, problem solved. (until Asus releases the fix.)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Remember that software issues after a major update can be related to left over "cruft" from the old version. Factory resets are the only solution in this case.

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
My keyboard dock is working fine, it also hasa 2 gig sdcard in it.
Rick

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

JSQ

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well I am not sure what my problem is, however I cannot use my dock keyboard or the touch keyboard on facebook. This only occurred after the update.

They both work on everything else I have tried though.

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I am not sure what my problem is, however I cannot use my dock keyboard or the touch keyboard on facebook. This only occurred after the update.

They both work on everything else I have tried though.

I believe it is a app issue. There is nothing wrong with the dock or the tablet keyboard. I too hope this gets fixed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to soon... mine started a slow reboot with the either the sd card or the usb plugged in.
What a pain. I just pulled out the card and the rebooting stopped.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums