ICS 4.0.3 vs JB 4.1.1 on the TF201 - Game compatibility/performance comparisons?

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,

So I don't have all *that* many games installed on my Prime.... only about 36 or so... :p But what I'm posting about is, I'd like to know what everyone's experience has been with gaming on the Prime, especially if you've had the opportunity to compare on ICS vs JB yet.

For the most part, performance has been notably improved on my own Prime since the JB update, and I believe it has also fixed some stability issues, but that's yet to be proven. That said, prior to updating to JB, I was having problems with a few games. A few examples:

• Asphalt 6: Eventually screen goes black, music still plays but no response
  • Heroes Call: Screen starts flickering after a brief while and then goes black, gameplay appears to still continue.
  • Dungeon Defenders: Periodically crashes out of game
  • (there were definitely others, but these were the most recent)

I haven't had enough time to thoroughly test these games since the update, but I have found them to be more stable/fixed -- at least so far -- and am very curious to find out if anyone else has had similar findings on their own units. Before anyone asks, I recently performed a factory reset on my unit while still under ICS, and the issues persisted, but that said, I do have quite a few apps installed and there is always the possibility of something, somewhere, conflicting.

Also, how has everyone found their non-gaming apps to be since the update? Any significant compatibility/stability improvements or issues?

So far I'm liking what JellyBean has done for my Prime, but time will tell as the Android OS can be quite tempermental at times.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know this also. Do you think you can post results from other games and/or be more specific about the issues?

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Plants vs. Zombies actually works on JB. It didn't do jack on ICS.

Final Fantasy III doesn't freeze every 30 seconds like it did on ICS. (Literally, the game would freeze and become unresponsive... but the audio would continue to play.)

Last edited:

btbrewer

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe my problem is unique, but ever since the JB update my tablet reboots about every 5 to 10 minutes for no apparent reason.

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe my problem is unique, but ever since the JB update my tablet reboots about every 5 to 10 minutes for no apparent reason.

I've read that if you're using the keyboard dock and have an SD card inserted (not the MicroSD) this is known to happen. Apparently others have confirmed that removing the card stops the reboots, if this is indeed the case with yours.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've yet to have any games crash since the JB update. In fact, games that used to have problems (e.g., Beach Buggy Blitz) on ICS work perfectly now. I haven't tested all of my games but, so far, the ones I've tested work fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon