Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Jelly Bean Upgrade Issues

They might want to try and reboot it a couple of times. Mine took at least one boot before it was running correctly.

Hello... from Paris - FRANCE (sorry for my poor English). I've just posted the same question in another section but this one is more appropriate. Sorry for the trouble. as everybody, I've upgraded my ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 with Jelly Bean (4.1.1) and now I don't know how to unplug properly an USB device, the previous icone (with Ice Cream Sandwich) having disapeared. In addition do you know if it's possible to link a Blackberry with an ASUS Transformer Prime TF201? When I try either via Bloototh and/or via a USB wire the two devices remain unconnected. I will appreciate any help as I am also new to the Android forum. Thks.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Don't worry about your english, it's perfectly clear, and I don't speak french, so it's cool that you're fluent in a second language. To remove it from the computer, (at least if you're using windows) click this icon on your pc (I have posted a picture with the icon) and click eject. What do you mean by linking? Bluetooth tethering to share internet connection? I don't have a blackberry, so I can't answer that directly, but according to this website, it can be done. If you mean to move files, you could copy them to a microSD card and move that to the other device, and than copy them there. Or, you could use dropbox or google drive. I'm sorry I can't directly test for you, but as I said, I don't have a blackberry. (Click the picture to make it bigger)
    Jelly Bean Upgrade Issues-click-icon.jpg

Many thanks Va1ha11a for your quick answer but my question was not so clear because your explanation is not totally adequate ;+))) In fact, I don't use a PC with Windows but an Asus tablet (eeepad Transformer Prime TF201) which uses Andorid Jelly Bean as Operating System. And in this new version, the icon to unplug an USB device has deasapeared ;+(((
    The other question was related to the compatibility between Android and Blackberry because when I connect my Blackberry Bold 9000 (an old smartphone) via an USB link the contain of the SD card of the Blackberry is not recognized by the tablet. I think it's due to an OS war ;+))) Many thanks for your help.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Val, TFBB wants to know how to safely remove a USB device from his Prime, not Windows. I'd try and figure it out, but, I don't generally take my Prime out at home, only work, lol. I'll give it a shot on Monday if no one answers the question. I have yet to put a USB device in my Prime anyway, so, might as well check it out, lol.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Thefrenchbigboss View Post
    Many thanks Va1ha11a for your quick answer but my question was not so clear because your explanation is not totally adequate ;+))) In fact, I don't use a PC with Windows but an Asus tablet (eeepad Transformer Prime TF201) which uses Andorid Jelly Bean as Operating System. And in this new version, the icon to unplug an USB device has deasapeared ;+(((
    The other question was related to the compatibility between Android and Blackberry because when I connect my Blackberry Bold 9000 (an old smartphone) via an USB link the contain of the SD card of the Blackberry is not recognized by the tablet. I think it's due to an OS war ;+))) Many thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Val, TFBB wants to know how to safely remove a USB device from his Prime, not Windows. I'd try and figure it out, but, I don't generally take my Prime out at home, only work, lol. I'll give it a shot on Monday if no one answers the question. I have yet to put a USB device in my Prime anyway, so, might as well check it out, lol.
    OOOOOHHHHHH!!! Sorry Guys. I thought you meant removed the Prime from the computer!!! (Like you had connected the computer to the tablet to transfer files). Yeah, I think the blackberry to prime thing is just because they aren't made to be compatible. Here is a different screenshot (this one should address the issue you are talking about
    Jelly Bean Upgrade Issues-screenshot_2012-10-14-16-18-29.png

EDIT: I just realized that if you have more than a few notifications the box shrinks and you can't unmount it. Clear some notifications and the box expands again and the buttons reapper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Upgrade Issues-screenshot_2012-10-14-16-18-29.png  
    Devinator likes this.

Hello both, Many thanks for your help. It's now perfectly working; in fact the "Open" and "Unmount" buttons were hidden ;+((( I'm not very familiar with this new tablet and I'm not a geek ;+))) It was a pleasure to have this conversation. Take care.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

We're always happy to help, glad the problem got resolved, enjoy your Prime!
    Devinator likes this.

Hi all, I've a question but not sure if this forum is an appropriate place to ask.

I am still using ICS on my TF201 and I want to upgrade it to JB. Not only I didn't get a notification that the OS is ready for me to upgrade, when I go to Setting > About Device >Software upgrade, it says there's no upgrade available. Why is that? And is JB stable in TF201? Or should I keep the ICS?
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

JB is better than ICS (faster, more stable, google now), you should definitively upgrade if possible. Have you tried rebooting the tablet and checking again?

I certainly did. Btw, I need to correct myself. In fact my current OS is not even ICS, It's Honeycomb (3.2.1)? How can I possibly upgrade from 3.2.1 to 4.1? Thanks to all inputs in advance
    Last edited by Ninjabel; 12-07-2012 at 11:18 PM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

I think that the roll out of JB has been staged so different area of the world are getting at different times.

If it has not come in as of yet you can always go to the Asus Web site and download it.
    Rick

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Unfortunately I can't post a link because their site runs off Java rather than using separate links, so it has the url of Asus. com regardless of where in the site you are. But yeah, head to their site and download it manually.
    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock with XDA Google Now

My buddy's TF201 keeps saying "Failed to download the file" when he hits check update, He wants to update to jelly bean. I don't see the manual download out there. Anyone know of a link to grab a US one. He had downloaded it and I followed the steps to put the .zip in the /sdcard on the tablet, and reboot and it'll automatically see if and do the update but it didnt. Then i did a wipe and forgot to save the .zip before, lol. Any help will be appreciated
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Go here. Search TF201. Click the prime. Select OS as Android. Click Firmware, than scroll down to "Version V10.4.2.17(US) " (Make sure to get the US version). Click the "Global" button.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12