Jelly Bean Upgrade Issues

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Greetings to all,
So now that you have upgraded your TF201 to Android 4.1.1.
How is Jelly Bean Working for you.

On my end, the upgrade went well smoothly. I did an App Back up to my sdcard.

Issues
1: My back facing, main Camera died. It sees only fuzzy green lines and green pixs.
2: On many sites my virtual keyboard fails to o open... including on the Asus Usa Support Webb site. The Android Facebook App also is not working well under Jelly Bean.

Solutions tried..
Many many Cold boots, resets, a factory reset. Apps wiped....

Rick

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Everything is generally working well and very fast after the factory reset, but the two issues you list are all issues I'm encountering as well. I'm assuming there will be a JB update to fix these issues.

robkurzd

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My tablet is working so well I went ahead, picked out a gumdrop case and canceled my RMA.. It's a lot better for me.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
How is Jelly Bean Working for you.

Issues
1: My back facing, main Camera died. It sees only fuzzy green lines and green pixs.

The JB update fixed the issues I was having and I am quite pleased.

Are you sure you weren't experiencing this issue before the update and just didn't notice it? I had this issue before the update, and, I know it's been discussed here before. I have had that issue for sometime now, and, I know others have as well.

Scoundrellv

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
phew i thought i was the only one whose back camera has gone bad. it has been happening before the upgrade and continues to do so, although the front camera is fine

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I am totally stock, I did not want to root until I'm out of warranty.
I dumped the old facebook app for friendcaster Pro, which works really well.

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I use the camera often, so it came as a huge surprise the it stopped working.
I took this pix with my phone, the camera just take solid green pictures.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349443066214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349443066214.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 51

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm must surprised that you are only experiencing this now, as, it was happening pre-JB for me and others. My guess is if that it were a phone and not a tablet, more people would be upset and have complained and the issue would have been address. But, seems like cameras on tablets aren't used as much as phones (at least in my experience and those I know with both). I have yet to see anyone post a fix for this. My only suggestion is to call up Asus and complain.

Last edited:

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I used the camera so infrequently (and in the past 3 months not at all) that it could have happened after the 10th time I was dropped it.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have never dropped mine and have had this issue for quite sometime. So you dropping it can't be it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I just looked through photos. The last few were on the night of Sept 25. My JB upgrade came on the Sept 28 and that very day I tried to used the Camera and it was the green screen of death.
Rick

wallymann

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
much snappier, but a multitude of spontaneous reboot when docked with the keyboard!! it is practically unusable docked, doesn't last but a couple minutes...both devices fully charged. :-(

at least my camera still works...

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I hardly ever use the camera on my Prime but I decided to check it out. Mine is working fine on JB, just like it was on ICS. I wonder what is causing the problem for some users.

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
much snappier, but a multitude of spontaneous reboot when docked with the keyboard!! it is practically unusable docked, doesn't last but a couple minutes...both devices fully charged. :-(

If you have an SD card in the keyboard mount, remove it and you should find the reboot issues go away. This has been mentioned by a few other members here so far, so it seems to be a relatively common issue. The MicroSD card in the tablet itself seems fine, so I'd guess it's something to do with a change in how the full-size SD card gets addressed.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I hardly ever use the camera on my Prime but I decided to check it out. Mine is working fine on JB, just like it was on ICS. I wonder what is causing the problem for some users.

Could have been a particular batch of Primes that went out that had the issue. I'm not willing to factory reset at the moment to see if that fixes it. And, I know if I call Asus to complain that is what they are going to make me do. Even if I pretended that I did and sent it in, you know that is the first thing they are going to do, lol.

Jori5280

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Everything is fine for me except the Chameleon Launcher is no longer working properly. Had to go back to the stock launcher for the time being.

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have several app such as facebook and newsday, that have keyboard pop up failures running under JB. I also had to reload Temple run, but I have feeling that was a back up restore issue after a factory restore.

So far the TFP is well behaved with some wonderful new features.

FYI
I went through my photos and discovered that Last photos were a mere 3 days before my JB upgrade. Afterward its been the camera green screen of death.

Rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419