Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Logging off

Well, I guess if your fix wasn't a dongle, then, other people wouldn't be forced a dongle. I could see them trying to push it on people, but, I wont let them get away with it, lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

I'm just curious to see what it is. Maybe it is a trade-up program for a TF700!
    I choose Android...it's only logical.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Lol. Why wouldn't they just do a recall for anyone that has problems and do whatever fix they are doing for you?

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Lol. Why wouldn't they just do a recall for anyone that has problems and do whatever fix they are doing for you?

Good question! Wish I had an answer!
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Treknologist View Post
    Good question! Wish I had an answer!
    Lol, well, I'm sure one of us will catch wind of it sooner or later. When you get your Prime back and let us know how it went, if we haven't heard anything back, I'll contact Asus and get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

If it isn't significantly better, I don't think they'd be doing it, so it must make some noticeable difference.
    Devinator likes this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    If it isn't significantly better, I don't think they'd be doing it, so it must make some noticeable difference.
    Yea. That's a good point. While my WiFi is decent, it could definitely be better.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

My Prime just arrived! I am charging it right now so I can start downloading everything on it again. Without logging in, I've walked around the house and I can tell you reception is much better than it was even when the BT is turned on! I had to set up two repeaters in order to get signal in the entire house and it look as though I may be able to do without them. Once it is fully charged and I've set up everything on it again I'll report back. I want to test the actual speeds on the connection on different spots.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

My Prime just arrived! I am charging it right now so I can start downloading everything on it again. Without logging in, I've walked around the house and I can tell you reception is much better than it was even when the BT is turned on! I had to set up two repeaters in order to get signal in the entire house and it look as though I may be able to do without them. Once it is fully charged and I've set up everything on it again I'll report back. I want to test the actual speeds on the connection on different spots.
    Outstanding. Definitely let us know if the speeds have improved. Make sure to turn the repeaters off too. If you see increased speeds, I'll definitely be sending mine in.

Va1ha11a likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Yeah, I'll have to do it over the holidays.
    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Devinator likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

OK, I'm almost done reconfiguring my Prime to what it was before. I tested the speed of the connections today through the house with the two repeaters off. In the same room as the router, I have a full signal (I sometimes didn't before even on top of the router) and I get speeds of near 25,000 kbps. When I move to the living/dining area, I may lose one bar of signal and the speed is about 3/4 that. In my bedroom, where I pretty much got no bars before, I now get 1-2 and the speed is about 1/4-1/2 of what is in the office. It still isn't perfect but it is better than it was before. I compared to my TBolt on WiFi and the TBolt was able to get more download speed in my bedroom compared to the Prime. So, it may be worth giving it a try to see what happens with yours but it doesn't look like the solution is perfect.
    Thanked by 2:
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

OK, I'm almost done reconfiguring my Prime to what it was before. I tested the speed of the connections today through the house with the two repeaters off. In the same room as the router, I have a full signal (I sometimes didn't before even on top of the router) and I get speeds of near 25,000 kbps. When I move to the living/dining area, I may lose one bar of signal and the speed is about 3/4 that. In my bedroom, where I pretty much got no bars before, I now get 1-2 and the speed is about 1/4-1/2 of what is in the office. It still isn't perfect but it is better than it was before. I compared to my TBolt on WiFi and the TBolt was able to get more download speed in my bedroom compared to the Prime. So, it may be worth giving it a try to see what happens with yours but it doesn't look like the solution is perfect.
    Great, thanks Trek. Do you think the speed is faster than it was before, or, is it just the signal is a bit stronger?
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Great, thanks Trek. Do you think the speed is faster than it was before, or, is it just the signal is a bit stronger?
    The speed is definitely faster with the connection I'm getting now. Before I might get 1 kbps in my bedroom. That is up to 6-7 kbps now. If I connect to the repeater, I get 22 kbps in my bedroom. That did not happen before.
    Thanked by:
    Devinator likes this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

The speed is definitely faster with the connection I'm getting now. Before I might get 1 kbps in my bedroom. That is up to 6-7 kbps now. If I connect to the repeater, I get 22 kbps in my bedroom. That did not happen before.
    That is outstanding. I'll be sure to contact them about the issue and see what they have to say. Will report back when I have some answers.
    Thanked by:
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Okay, just talked to them. They wouldn't give me any clear answers on if it was a known issue, just that they would assess the issue and perform necessary maintenance. I have to get my serial number though, didn't have it on me, and call back. They said they were going to pay for free one way shipping, which, I had not had to do in the past. They said that might go away when I call back with my serial number, if it doesn't, I will speak to a supervisor and make sure it can be done for free, lol. I figured I'd get them to fix my camera while I'm at it. When I get all this done I'll do a writeup and post it in the subforum.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Okay, just talked to them. They wouldn't give me any clear answers on if it was a known issue, just that they would assess the issue and perform necessary maintenance. I have to get my serial number though, didn't have it on me, and call back. They said they were going to pay for free one way shipping, which, I had not had to do in the past. They said that might go away when I call back with my serial number, if it doesn't, I will speak to a supervisor and make sure it can be done for free, lol. I figured I'd get them to fix my camera while I'm at it. When I get all this done I'll do a writeup and post it in the subforum.
    Good luck. I hope it works out. What is wrong with your camera?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Thanks. It has that issue where the rear facing camera comes up as all green, white, and pink static. It wont let me cap a screen while the camera is up or I'd show you. I think there is a thread somewhere else in the Prime subforum that has a pic of what it looks like though. I figured if I am going to send it in, might as well get fixed. But, I wasn't going to send it in just for the camera. I never use the camera really.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

I've read reports of that by several folks. Mine works fine, thankfully, but it is something I don't really use. I still can't get why people use tablets to take pictures. I've been to Disney or even concerts and there are people holding up tablets to take pictures! I can understand a smartphone but a tablet?!?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Yea, I don't get it either. Front facing camera I get, not rear. I wasn't going to get it fixed, but, if I'm going to send it in for other work, it just makes sense to get both issues fixe, regardless as to how much I use it. What if I go to sell it, ya know?

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

If you are going through the RMA process, might as well get it fixed.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Exactly. They just better not try and charge me. When I asked the guy if I was going to incur any cost, he was like, well, we only pay for one way shipping. I was like , you only pay one way shipping for an issue that you caused that is a widespread known issue? I don't think he knew how to respond, lol. Once I get the serial though, I will get to the bottom of it.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Oh, the person you were talking to did not lie. They expect you to pay for shipping to them. I got lucky and they were nice enough and paid my shipping both ways. You may be able to get it out of them.
    Thanked by:
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

If you knew me IRL, that wouldn't be a might, lol.

Va1ha11a likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

If you knew me IRL, that wouldn't be a might, lol.

LOL
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

I'll be doing this over the holidays, thanks for the updates trek!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast