Logging off

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not a clue. I have heard, though, that they were planning some sort of announcement for folks who own the Prime and have WiFi issues. Who knows what that will be. Another dongle?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lolol. It had better not be a dongle. That'd be a huge issue for me because of the dock. Well, if any of us hear anything, lets make sure we post about it in the Prime forums.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Lolol. It had better not be a dongle. That'd be a huge issue for me because of the dock. Well, if any of us hear anything, lets make sure we post about it in the Prime forums.

There's been some discussion over on XDA and people are screaming that it better not be a dongle! LOL I can certainly understand. I just hoping this helps make the WiFi reception stronger.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess if your fix wasn't a dongle, then, other people wouldn't be forced a dongle. I could see them trying to push it on people, but, I wont let them get away with it, lol.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Why wouldn't they just do a recall for anyone that has problems and do whatever fix they are doing for you?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Good question! Wish I had an answer!

Lol, well, I'm sure one of us will catch wind of it sooner or later. When you get your Prime back and let us know how it went, if we haven't heard anything back, I'll contact Asus and get to the bottom of this.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If it isn't significantly better, I don't think they'd be doing it, so it must make some noticeable difference.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If it isn't significantly better, I don't think they'd be doing it, so it must make some noticeable difference.

Yea. That's a good point. While my WiFi is decent, it could definitely be better.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My Prime just arrived! I am charging it right now so I can start downloading everything on it again. Without logging in, I've walked around the house and I can tell you reception is much better than it was even when the BT is turned on! I had to set up two repeaters in order to get signal in the entire house and it look as though I may be able to do without them. Once it is fully charged and I've set up everything on it again I'll report back. I want to test the actual speeds on the connection on different spots.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My Prime just arrived! I am charging it right now so I can start downloading everything on it again. Without logging in, I've walked around the house and I can tell you reception is much better than it was even when the BT is turned on! I had to set up two repeaters in order to get signal in the entire house and it look as though I may be able to do without them. Once it is fully charged and I've set up everything on it again I'll report back. I want to test the actual speeds on the connection on different spots.

Outstanding. Definitely let us know if the speeds have improved. Make sure to turn the repeaters off too. If you see increased speeds, I'll definitely be sending mine in. :D

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm almost done reconfiguring my Prime to what it was before. I tested the speed of the connections today through the house with the two repeaters off. In the same room as the router, I have a full signal (I sometimes didn't before even on top of the router) and I get speeds of near 25,000 kbps. When I move to the living/dining area, I may lose one bar of signal and the speed is about 3/4 that. In my bedroom, where I pretty much got no bars before, I now get 1-2 and the speed is about 1/4-1/2 of what is in the office. It still isn't perfect but it is better than it was before. I compared to my TBolt on WiFi and the TBolt was able to get more download speed in my bedroom compared to the Prime. So, it may be worth giving it a try to see what happens with yours but it doesn't look like the solution is perfect.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'm almost done reconfiguring my Prime to what it was before. I tested the speed of the connections today through the house with the two repeaters off. In the same room as the router, I have a full signal (I sometimes didn't before even on top of the router) and I get speeds of near 25,000 kbps. When I move to the living/dining area, I may lose one bar of signal and the speed is about 3/4 that. In my bedroom, where I pretty much got no bars before, I now get 1-2 and the speed is about 1/4-1/2 of what is in the office. It still isn't perfect but it is better than it was before. I compared to my TBolt on WiFi and the TBolt was able to get more download speed in my bedroom compared to the Prime. So, it may be worth giving it a try to see what happens with yours but it doesn't look like the solution is perfect.

Great, thanks Trek. Do you think the speed is faster than it was before, or, is it just the signal is a bit stronger?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Great, thanks Trek. Do you think the speed is faster than it was before, or, is it just the signal is a bit stronger?

The speed is definitely faster with the connection I'm getting now. Before I might get 1 kbps in my bedroom. That is up to 6-7 kbps now. If I connect to the repeater, I get 22 kbps in my bedroom. That did not happen before.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The speed is definitely faster with the connection I'm getting now. Before I might get 1 kbps in my bedroom. That is up to 6-7 kbps now. If I connect to the repeater, I get 22 kbps in my bedroom. That did not happen before.

That is outstanding. I'll be sure to contact them about the issue and see what they have to say. Will report back when I have some answers.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay, just talked to them. They wouldn't give me any clear answers on if it was a known issue, just that they would assess the issue and perform necessary maintenance. I have to get my serial number though, didn't have it on me, and call back. They said they were going to pay for free one way shipping, which, I had not had to do in the past. They said that might go away when I call back with my serial number, if it doesn't, I will speak to a supervisor and make sure it can be done for free, lol. I figured I'd get them to fix my camera while I'm at it. When I get all this done I'll do a writeup and post it in the subforum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38