MUSICIAN - wants to see score on screen and also listen to sound in background

kautilyaasus

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello folks - I have to admit that I am finding the Prime 201 a most difficult and illogical machine to use. I have had it since July and have perhaps used it for less than 50 hours on and off. I am writing this on my 5yearold asus eeepc1000H.

The crackle which was haunting the machine when playing music seems to have gone on holiday.

New Issue
One key reason for getting the 201 was to use the tablet at music sessions to see words and music on screen and play back sound for same.

On my 1000H in XP Iopen the youtube item online (or open the stored sound file), and set it to play and miniminise the web page,
I then open a Word file with the words and score.

On the Prime if I open the youtube live or open a downloaded youtube in my ASUS folders and start to play it back, and then I open the words and score to read them on screen, that cuts off the sound and vice versa.
This was is a main use for any musician to get a tablet.
Any tyips to solve this please would be most welcome.

I don;t pretend to be very computer literate on a tablet - I suppose it's because I processed my first computer manual for a group of autoengineers in 1969, literally while Neil Armstrong and company were landing on the moon.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you download the song as an mp3 file, and and set the screen to never sleep (note this will use more battery) by going to settings, and tapping into display. It should be there. Than the music will play and you will be able to see the sheet Music.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kautilyaasus

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Will have a go. tks v much Valhalla.
There is one other complication - the ability to switch between videowithsound and the page of noteswwords can be important if you are also copying the fingering of the player not just the noise he is producing!!

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! The crackle is back on the sound as it plays back - it stops when I run my finger backandforth along the botttom of the screen - sounds like that earthing problem in another form...

BTW - here is some Valhalla music specially for you - something I prepared earlier in the Hall of the Mountain King (the Greek one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZnAQMyON5k

and here is an example of the need to see the fingering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgRBzQFdx1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fkEmkT-hlI

kautilyaasus

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Alas, not able to get it to work so far - two of us.
Put Prime back in the kitchen with the squeezeboxes.
Gerat pity such basic functions are not available or remain deep mysteries.

Someone was asking me if there is a dummy's guide for the 101 and 201 - explaining real basics such as how to stop the blue seascape Google page opening sideways

or

what is the equivalent of Ctrl F - to search through whole machine

0r

a list of files types which cannot be opened by Prime softwarwe - there are quite a few file types which I have copied across from Asus eeepc 1000h XP and they just won't open?

Tks!

Droid Brick

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried that and just given up on it. Trying to practice a few tunes involves way too many devices hooked up and too many cords and cables to trip over. Plus, the screen size makes it a bit awkward to read charts. Have you managed to use your tablet for any other musical uses?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol