Rooted TP running ICS, want to get JB updates
It is my understanding that in order to get JB updates, I have to restore to factory settings. Is that correct, or do I have to flash back to a stock build instead?
I could not find any specific instructions on this site for the steps I should follow.
This is what I think is the right sequence:
1. Back up apps and data with Titanium. Copy backup to a location off the tablet. I also have MyBackup Pro, but am not sure it does the same thorough job as TItanium.
2. Restore to factory.
3. Get the JB updates, including the one that was pushed out to me today.
4. Root the device with a JB root exploit. I don't know of any, is there anything out there that works better than others.
5. Restore apps and data from Titanium backup. Without root, I cannot get this information back.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
- 12-21-2012, 04:56 PM #2Troll Headhunter
- 1,051 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock
Re: Rooted TP running ICS, want to get JB updates
You seem to have it about right. Make sure that you have truely restored completely to factory settings though (bootloader, recovery, rom, root access, there may be others.)
- By sjrosenberg in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 04-05-2013, 05:07 PM
- By dshep04#AC in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 24Last Post: 03-10-2011, 02:16 PM
- By bberrynewbie84 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 10-20-2010, 10:08 PM
- By GadgetMomma in forum myTouch 3G SlideReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2010, 02:18 PM
- By adrianfern92 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 15Last Post: 07-27-2010, 03:00 AM