Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thinking of buying a Prime

Hello all,

Currently i have a Xoom that is really starting to die on me, real slow all the time, lots of glitches etc. So i've been flirting with the idea of picking up a prime, mainly because of the keyboard attachment. I could potentially pick one up with the dock for less than $300. So my question is, how is everyone's prime's holding up after having them for a year+? And would it be smart to buy one at this time? It's got a quad core in it, so i figure it is somewhat future proof still, and it has been upgraded to jelly bean. The only down side i can see is the 1GB of ram. Thoughts?

Default Re: Thinking of buying a Prime

I love my Prime. I have the keyboard dock as well. The battery life with the dock is the best.
    There are newer models out there with a plastic case that makes the wifi work better, however the spun meter case just looks and feels great.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by frsimpson View Post
    I love my Prime. I have the keyboard dock as well. The battery life with the dock is the best.
    There are newer models out there with a plastic case that makes the wifi work better, however the spun meter case just looks and feels great.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    I seen that. The tf300t has caught my eye. Pretty much same performance, but lower screen quality. It's a difficult decision
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Mine was $650 brand new with the dock, got it about a year ago. That sounds like a good deal. I guess compare the specs with other tablets in the same price range and see how it holds up. I like ASUS and I love my Prime.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Yup, Mine cost the same as Devin's, and I love Asus as well. At this point though, you could probably get the prime, it's dock, and a nexus 7 for the price we payed for just the prime and dock. Than you've got an ultrabook and an ultraportable pocket tablet. Both made with Asus's excellent build quality. Updates are fast too.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Prime is 428 on Amazon and the dock is 200. Seems like it's retained it's value well. You can get the TF-700 and dock for 615 though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

It's a great unit. Sturdy and well made. The battery life is fantastic and the HDMI out is a bonus. And as others have mentioned the updates are fast and efficient. Pretty much like a nexus device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I love my Prime. It works well and I really like the dock. It has been a great tablet for me. For $300 you are getting a great deal; however, you may want to consider get the TF700 if only because it has a higher resolution screen and they reengineered the antennas for both BT and WiFi giving it better reception for both. Any of the ASUS tablets are good not only because of their quality but also because ASUS is very good with updates.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.