1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Black bar across screen (4 days ago!)

Greetings:

So I have had my prime since a week after they were released. I have not had one problem with it, and keep it in a protective case and have not dropped it nor cracked the screen. But 4 days ago it developed the black line across the screen. I'm not sure what happened. I let the battery drain on it (long trips ftl) and when I booted it up again it had the line. Its constantly been updated and I saw the posts back in 2012 about an issue with an update of the software that made some people's Prime's have black bars, but this is recent, and my Prime has been constantly updated. I've taken a screenshot from the Prime itself but oddly you can't see the black bar so I took a picture of it with my phone. I've reset it 3 times and I'm not sure what else to do now. Reeeeallly don't want to have to buy another one.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Default Re: Black bar across screen (4 days ago!)

Unfortunately, I think your screen is wonk. I don't know what else to tell you to do. I guess you should just contact Asus and send it in for repair.

Edit: Here's a way to test. Take a screenshot, than post it here. If the screenshot has the bar, than you have a software issue. If it doesn't, that your display is wack.

So this is the picture that you took with your phone? I can't seem to see the black bar. Try taking another picture with a background that doesn't have black in it. Since the screen shot was not able to screen shot the bar, I think it's safe to assume it's a hardware issue. It could be the panel; it could be the ribbon cable. I would contact support to send it in if you are still within the warranty period. From the photo, it doesn't seem to be cracked or anything.

Does it stay when you go from landscape to portrait?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk HD