Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bought one

Ok so I bought one used asus tf201 and the only issue so FAR the wireless is horrible. Are there any suggestion on how to improve this.

And can I get miracast to work on this or get this to stream to a samsung dongle?

thank you

Default Re: Bought one

Wifi was a problem with the TF201 because the metal back caused interference. Asus ended up offering a free wifi dongle that improved reception. Read more here: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So nobody had a workaround,fix, or Mod
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok I found this

has anybody tried this and does it really work on wifi only not really interested in GPS
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I guess this doesn't work since no response.

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. The Transformer Prime is a fairly old device, so there's much less traffic about it on these forums. I suggest Googling it and checking out other forum sites.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

FYI the dongle they gave out was to improve GPS. Sadly, it didn't help the crappy wifi reception at all.. I have yet to find a mod that actually helped the wife much..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Mojoski View Post
    FYI the dongle they gave out was to improve GPS. Sadly, it didn't help the crappy wifi reception at all.. I have yet to find a mod that actually helped the wife much..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Oh, you're right. Sorry, I must have misread Jerry's article here: ASUS offers settlement for Transformer Prime wireless issues | Android Central

I've done this successfully on two tf201 devices. It dramatically increases reception range and speed. Now, I can stream Netflix movies as well as my wife's iPad 3. Don't be scared, if I can do it, so can you. If you need copper tape, let me know. I purchased a bunch of it.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mountain flier View Post
    I've done this successfully on two tf201 devices. It dramatically increases reception range and speed. Now, I can stream Netflix movies as well as my wife's iPad 3. Don't be scared, if I can do it, so can you. If you need copper tape, let me know. I purchased a bunch of it.
    That is great! Thanks for the link. Where'd you get the copper tape? I could use some. Would love to give it a try..

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk 4