Door Stop?

zinvestor

May 19, 2012
Visit site
My 3yo unrooted TF201 hangs on boot screen with dots running in circles for hours both before and after 'factory reset'. I'm assuming I now have an expensive door stop. Next question is replacement. I can have new TF201, new TF701, Google Nexus 9, or Google Nexus 10 all for prices in the same relative ballpark. Can also get Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 for $150 more. What to get and why would be appreciated. Yeah, I know Nexus 9 runs Lollipop, but neither Nexus has micro sd card slot so that's a strike against.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From my own experience with a TF300T, and from reading other experiences with the Asus Transformer series, I would probably shy away from getting another. My TF300T started slowing down significantly after maybe a year of use, and nothing worked to get its performance back to the original level. If SD card support is important, then the Tab S is probably your best bet. You might also consider the Tab Pro 10.5, which has specs that are just about as good, but the screen is just a little less high end--and yet, it's often at least $100 cheaper. I don't think they make the Tab Pro any more, so look on sites like Woot.com or Groupon Goods for deals on refurbished or reconditioned units.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995