Tab would not update

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Asus tab and it came with 3.0.1, I know that 3.1 is available for this tab but when I click on the update button it says there is no update, what am I missing?

thanks

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Asus tab and it came with 3.0.1, I know that 3.1 is available for this tab but when I click on the update button it says there is no update, what am I missing?

thanks

Some Transformers don't seem to be registering that an update is available and I haven't seen a reasonable explaination for it yet. That being said, the 3.1 update is on the Asus website (the link is in Phil's Transformer sticky: http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...sformer-manual-usb-drivers-sync-software.html) - thanks, Phil. Just download and manually install (instructions for that are in the thread "I just got my Asus EeePad Transformer and I have a few words." on page 6 or thereabouts - #s 55 & 57). If you have the dock, make sure it is attached and it should then notify you of a dock update - if applicable).

Reactions: htabbach

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Some Transformers don't seem to be registering that an update is available and I haven't seen a reasonable explaination for it yet. That being said, the 3.1 update is on the Asus website (the link is in Phil's Transformer sticky: http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...sformer-manual-usb-drivers-sync-software.html) - thanks, Phil. Just download and manually install (instructions for that are in the thread "I just got my Asus EeePad Transformer and I have a few words." on page 6 or thereabouts - #s 55 & 57). If you have the dock, make sure it is attached and it should then notify you of a dock update - if applicable).

Thank you for the reply, do I need an external MicroSD card for the manual update?

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply, do I need an external MicroSD card for the manual update?

You shouldn't, it should be in the root directory - ie where you only see the \ - if you are using Astro, Root Explorer, or whatever, file manager. Don't unzip or rename the .zip file. Give it a try - it's pretty straightforward and will only take a few minutes (although the instructions say it make up to 10 minutes, it usually doesn't).

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
manual update not working for me... power on+volume down; then press volume up and it seems to start then i get android guy and ! in a triangle

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
found this doc... update has to exist on microsd versus internal memory.. just updated to 3.1 :)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/Update_Launcher_SOP_WW.pdf

Thanks for finding this and posting the link. This is a new procedure. ASUS must have realized that some people are having problems with the automatic updates and made some changes to make the manual upload a little easier. My hat is off to ASUS - while there still seem to be some issues with the Transformer (but what tablet is perfect?), ASUS seems to be very proactive in dealing with these problems and concerned about the company's users. Thank you ASUS!

Fafaflunkie

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the new (20110711 build) update this morning as well. I like that this makes the tablet seem a bit faster zipping through homescreens. Hopefully this is the precursor to the "we're testing it now!" real update (to Honeycomb 3.2).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae