How much room for Apps?

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How much room is dedicated to apps? I hate the fact that I'm always running low on room on my EVO 4G and I don't want to deal with that again.

Thanks to everyone in this forum as I was about to get a Galaxy Tab 10.1 before I started looking around a bit. Now all I need to decide is 16 or 32...decisions, decisions!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
someone please correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the 16 or 32 GB (depending on which model you get) is for everything. apps, data. what have you. the other reason im looking at the transformer over the tab is because you can also use an sd card in the transformer to upgrade your storage as well, which is awesome.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
someone please correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the 16 or 32 GB (depending on which model you get) is for everything. apps, data. what have you. the other reason im looking at the transformer over the tab is because you can also use an sd card in the transformer to upgrade your storage as well, which is awesome.

I agree. Its not like a phone. I believe the entire sd card is dedicated to everything and not partitioned.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It certainly looks and acts that way. Everything seems to be installed in a common 16gb or 32gb partition. I doubt there will ever be an issue with insufficient app storage space on the TF, unless you fill the entire storage with data.

I've been loading up apps for almost a year on my Droid X. Even with over 110 apps installed, I've used up only about 1 gb. I know there is more opportunity for larger apps on the tablet, but I think we're pretty safe on the TF.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys (or gals),

I must not have email notification turned on because I missed these replies.

It's good news then if you are right. I hate being limited on space. I'm so sick of my EVO 4G running low on app space.

I think I may make a trip to the local Best Buy tomorrow and pick one up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow