new update/netflix now working

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I got an update this morning and Netflix is now working on stock non rooted transformers. I have 3 in my household and it works on them all after the update. The Netflix app still does not show in the market so you will have to side load it to get it on your transformer.

Enjoy

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Can it be played in HD using the HDMI out? Someone mentioned that market movie rentals cannot, due to some licensing restriciton so this would be a pretty good advantage

jordo

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I will be testing this in the evening when I get home from work. I do know that the market video rentals do not allow this. Audio works, just no video :(

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
At work now. You boys best not be messing with us...

Now to just get Skype video calls working on the TF and I'll have netflix and skype options on both the tablet and phone. Mu, ha, ha.

-Suntan

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update and a dock update at the same time. Going to try Netflix now.. It still not in market though. Replying to see how the dock typing is and seems like the lag is mostly gone now.

nmdonahoe

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My internet connection died half way through the dock update and now my dock won't work at all, and when I check for additional firmware updates it tells me that there are no additional updates. Please help!:-[

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Can it be played in HD using the HDMI out? Someone mentioned that market movie rentals cannot, due to some licensing restriciton so this would be a pretty good advantage

yes, i just tried and and the videos play over HDMI, as for them being "HD" thats another issue, but they do play though. The video quality is still that same resolution that you get for phones, which is somewhat subpar on the transformer screen, and even more so on a large screen tv.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
yes, i just tried and and the videos play over HDMI, as for them being "HD" thats another issue, but they do play though. The video quality is still that same resolution that you get for phones, which is somewhat subpar on the transformer screen, and even more so on a large screen tv.

That might change when Netflix releases an official build for TF. The APK we are using comes from the phones.

txrunner

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the newb question but I have a non-rooted transformer, how do I sideload the netflix app?

Could someone give me a link to the download?

Do I need to put the device in recovery mode (& how do I do that?)

Anything else?

thanks in advance, this will make my transformer even better!

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the newb question but I have a non-rooted transformer, how do I sideload the netflix app?

Could someone give me a link to the download?

Do I need to put the device in recovery mode (& how do I do that?)

Anything else?

thanks in advance, this will make my transformer even better!

See the link on the second post. It gives the link to the download that someone at XDA posted. Just download it. When it is done downloading, click on it in the lower right part of your screen (or find it in the download folder), and enjoy.