Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stupid question?

Hi there I have a really stupid question and I hope/think the answer is yes.

Can I use the camera to record a video, and take notes at the same time?

I was just told else where that I can't ... Would like input from others as I thought I could do that as I head the Transformer is good at multitasking.

Default Re: Stupid question?

Multitasking in tablet/phone land is to limited for that currently. You can only have on app in the foreground at a time, so if you can find an app that does both camera and notes you can do it, but as soon as the camera is put into the back ground it stops recording.
    Vincent
    My first sci-fi novel is out and its free Details : The Enemy of an Enemy
    I just released my second novel! Details: The Academy

Asus 16GB Transformer + Dock - W00T! - Not Rooted
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    Thanked by:
    ESWAKE 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Multitasking in tablet/phone land is to limited for that currently. You can only have on app in the foreground at a time, so if you can find an app that does both camera and notes you can do it, but as soon as the camera is put into the back ground it stops recording.
    Oh ok, now I understand. Well that's a shame. So you can't have music playing in the background and do something else in the foreground as well..
    That's kinda disappointing I'm not sure if I should get one now.

I'm not sure how they can get away with saying you can multitask then. if you can only have one thing running at a time.

You can certainly have music running while reading for example/
    I have read from RAM and internet files while Pandora was playing at the same time.

TerryB
    Thanked by:
    ESWAKE 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ha ok so you can have some stuff running in the background then, but not the camera. ah ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ESWAKE View Post
    Ha ok so you can have some stuff running in the background then, but not the camera. ah ok.

Correct.
    Vincent
    My first sci-fi novel is out and its free Details : The Enemy of an Enemy
    I just released my second novel! Details: The Academy

Asus 16GB Transformer + Dock - W00T! - Not Rooted
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted