Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where do I get Eee Pad PC Suite?

My TF says I get a year of this for free but I need to put the software on my PC. Is this some sort of technology test? Am I blind?? I can't find it anywhere on the Asus site. When I search for it, I get no hits. Was this a limited time offer that I missed out on? Gah.

Default Re: Where do I get Eee Pad PC Suite??

Their website is not exactly intuitive, but go to ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101. The click on the Download tab and choose the operating system of your computer (not your TF). Hope that helps! - sheureka
    Thanked by:
    mavd 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ah. I was picking my TF OS. Doh.

What is the need for a PC suite for the transformer?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i want access to software available onlyon my pc. any developers interested in developing scientific apps for andoid should let me know I've tons of ideas ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fldude99 View Post
    What is the need for a PC suite for the transformer?
    It includes Splashtop, unlimited cloud storage, and sync tools. - sheureka

Thanks for the link Sheureka, this was giving me issues as well.

Default Re: Where do I get Eee Pad PC Suite?

I have had some trouble with this as well.. the files that Asus has on there website is a .rar file I have winrar and this file cannot be "unrared" this is a file for the software on the android. I am a little confused.

Is thiqs file still up? When I go to the link, it only gives me the option for another os, no option of windows or mac. Also, if I choose other, it only gives the file for Asus sync.

Quote Originally Posted by cougmeister View Post
    Is thiqs file still up? When I go to the link, it only gives me the option for another os, no option of windows or mac. Also, if I choose other, it only gives the file for Asus sync.
    Its under the OS Android selection with a notice that its for the windows OS.

http://usa.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_...F101/#download

Installed this tonight. I love the Media Player, but the Splashtop Streamer is great! I access this outside my network at work etc and think this is a great piece of software!

Quote Originally Posted by awpturbo View Post
    I have had some trouble with this as well.. the files that Asus has on there website is a .rar file I have winrar and this file cannot be "unrared" this is a file for the software on the android. I am a little confused.
    Try using 7zip to unrar it. I've had problems in the past with rar files that only 7zip would extract.
    HTC Incredible

For some reason they took out the OS selections that were there at one time. Here is where you cna get the files you need for the TF

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/EeePAD/TF101/
    Thanked by:

This is really confusing. I've tried over and over to get this pc suite. The special note is for Windows XP, I have Windows Vista. I can't get my computer to open this .RAR file. I am totally frustrated. I just got my Transformer for Christmas and want to transfer programs and files from my computer to my Transformer. I am under the impression I cannot do this without PC Suite. grrrr.

Plug the charging cable into your transformer, then the USB side into your computer. It will show up as 'Transformer TF101' with 'Internal Storage' underneath the Transformer TF101. If you have a MicroSD card in the Tablet then you will see 'MicroSD' under the 'Internal Storage'. See the attached image. Now I have Windows 7 and so the exact form might be a little different in XP but as long as you have moved past NT (did not support USB drive attachment) you should be able to see it.

You can then copy files onto the Internal Storage or the MicroSD card with the Windows Explorer application.

HTH,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where do I get Eee Pad PC Suite?-transformer_usb_connect.png  
    Thanked by:

And where is the Mac version of the software like it says on my Transformer?

Since I don't have a Mac I have no idea, however there is a free app on the Android MarketPlace called WiFi File Explorer that will allow you to upload files via the browser from just about anything (PC, Mac, Phone, other tablet). You might try that and see if you can get it to work for you.

I downloaded the file...but Microsoft word is trying to open it.

How do I get rid of Word as the program of choice?!

Ralph

Unhappy Re: Where do I get Eee Pad PC Suite?

I could not find PC Suite at support.asus.com. Spoke with ASUS today and they said it was there until the tech looked and then said, oh something is wrong with the website. It will be fixed. No ETA. I will be checking in the next week or so.

I can't find it neither and I want to access my PC from my tablet while at work. I am creating an account. Weird thing is Spalshtop remote was free on Amazon a few days ago and someone said oh you don't need it's built into the TP. So now i need the Suite and I have Windows Vista.

I Just got the Prime and I have a windows Vista desktop how do I get it? Or should i just install the free Amazon app from the other day Splashtop remote.

Quote Originally Posted by cparker5 View Post
    Installed this tonight. I love the Media Player, but the Splashtop Streamer is great! I access this outside my network at work etc and think this is a great piece of software!

OK... I'm still thoroughly confused. All I get is 62 files found along with the locations they can be found (Firmware, USB, Utilities, Source Code, Manual). UGH!

If u want to use Spashtop with any seriousness buy the HD version it works faster and will fill ur screen with the correct resolution.

So don't worry about using the Asus thing and just put Spalshtop remote on my tablet? It was the free app last week and i got it but never installed it. It was the one that cost 4.99 not sure if it's HD or not.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    If u want to use Spashtop with any seriousness buy the HD version it works faster and will fill ur screen with the correct resolution.

I got the splashtop streamer and all is good now. I love how I can stream everything from my PC. It's too cool!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast