Email client on the Transformer tablet

alhull

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I am setting up a Transformer tablet as a gift for my mom, who is 81. I have her mail ISP settings, and have successfully configured the default mail client that is displayed on the Transformer home page. I can see any new mail she gets and can read and delete them, etc, but nowhere do I see any Contacts folder to let you easily address an email. I am pointing at her comcast.net mailbox.

If this is a function of her actual mailbox on the comcast servers, I have the option of redirecting her mail to something like Yahoo mail which I prefer, and offers all the bells and whistles...

Am I missing something in the basic setup as regards the contacts?

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to export the contacts from Comcast?

The way I see it is that you/she may have been using the WEB Comcast so the thing to do would be to get the contacts into G-Mail, then they would sync with the G-Mail client, (you would need to at least set that up even if you didn't use it.

The situation changes a little if you had been using an E-Mail client but the tech is close to the same.

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to export the contacts from Comcast?

The way I see it is that you/she may have been using the WEB Comcast so the thing to do would be to get the contacts into G-Mail, then they would sync with the G-Mail client, (you would need to at least set that up even if you didn't use it.

The situation changes a little if you had been using an E-Mail client but the tech is close to the same.

You can export Comcast Email contacts to a .CSV file which will allow you to transfer them to pretty much any Email system contact system you care to. Assuming you are using the web based Comcast Email just go the address book tab and you should see a choice to export..

booshmom

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for my relative inexperience with this, but I need this broken down to simple step by step!! I have the Transformer, use my comcast email as my primary email and would like to have my contact list frm my outlook email show up in my Transformer android mail...can you tell me how to do this? I hope this doesn't sound too stupid but I have to find a way to do this b/c I can't remember all those email addresses!!! Thanks to anyone who can help:)

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Not to sound too much like the playbook, but have you considered a home screen bookmark to the web interface of her email? That would solve your contacts issue and give her an interface she is used to. Not as sexy as a nice client app but maybe the best choice. Otherwise get her on gmail.

Not a comcast customer myself but exporting to csv tends to fall in setting, import export or something like that. Good luck and let us know your chosen solution.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Having had to set up an older parent myself, I would point her comcast mail to a gmail acct and set up her contacts in gmail. In the long run she'll be better off imo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae