Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhans311
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Thumbs up Asus Eeepad Transformer First Impressions/Reviews

Hello everyone,

The purpose of this thread, is to hear members thoughts & opinions on how the Asus Eeepad Transformer stacks up amongst a suggested list of attributes:

• Aesthetics
    • Screen
    • Hardware
    • Overall User Interface
    • Widgets
    • Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
    • GPS
    • Social Networking
    • Email/Calendar
    • Battery Life
    • Performance
    • Media (music, movies, DLNA)
    • Keyboard's
    • Camera (both still & video)
    • How the Eeepad Transformer compares to your previous tablet (if applicable)
    • Disappointments (if any)

Feel free to provide as little or as much detail as possible, while trying to make it as useful as possible. Hopefully this will help others who are considering the Eeepad Transformer, but would like to hear some user feedback first. Also, please do not review the Eeepad Transformer prior to having one

And if you read a review that you found helpful, please use the Thanks button to show them your appreciation!

Default Re: Asus Eeepad Transformer First Impressions/Reviews

I have had mine for a little over a week. So far I am impressed with the transformer.

In the passed 3 months I have purchased (and tested) the following:

ACER 16GB A500 (Twice)
    Lenovo A1
    Nook Tablet
    HTC Evo View
    IPAD

June 2010
    Evo 4G Phone

So far the Transformer is my favorite.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    - No System Restarts, the HTC and Lenovo re-boot randomly
    - It stays connected to my work wifi, when the Lenovo and Evo dropped and restarted continuously
    - Email arrives faster on the Transformer
    - The battery life is incredible, does not use battery when not in use, have gone 3 days without re-charging
    - I Like the software that comes with it. (Lenovo came with Documents to go Pro) but has other issues which detract from this positive
    - Runs smoothly, sometimes the market takes a while to come up, but I've equated that to prime time use.
    - Once in a while my wifi connection freezes, I disconnect and reconnect everything is back to normal.

I own mine for about three days and I am very disappointed in the performance of this tablet

I have the docking station in addition to the tablet and I use this strictly at home via my WiFi network and it is painfully slow. My router is giving me about 20 mbps and all other devices i.e. iPad, HP laptop - all run extremely fast. Pages take forever to load, it locks up constantly, videos take forever to load if they load at all. The browser is absolutely horrible.

Based upon the reviews and what I experienced in the store, this is not the same item. It cannot be my router since I never had this problem and all other items are performing at optimal speed

The device is running Android 4.0

Any suggestions on how this problem can be rectified

I've had mine for a few months now. I am not happy with it. Its slow and laggy, especially with web browsing and watching videos. I know it is not my internet all my other devices and computers are fine. Battery drains 10% overnight. my mom has had an ipad 1st gen for 2 years now and it is super smooth and fast. And her internet is rated half the speed as mine. Her battery lasts forever still after 2 years. Android OS is just too slow. I've had android devices for over 2 years now, never as smooth as ios. I would buy an ipad but too much money. And I would get an iphone but screen is too small. I guess I will just have to be unhappy for a while longer.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

My brother had this, I just broke my hp touchpad and I am thinking about replacing it with this, thoughts?

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eantheman View Post
    My brother had this, I just broke my hp touchpad and I am thinking about replacing it with this, thoughts?
    I think it is still a great tablet. I have had mine for about a year and a half and it is still running like a champ. I mostly use it for Web browsing, games, and video. It is so easy to hook up to the tv when the wife and I want to watch a little Netflix. I haven't found a game that it has a problem with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    jhpdroid likes this.