I want the Transformer, but I'm not sure I need it

Liam_Galt

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The Black Friday deal ($250 for the Transformer) really caught my attention and now I'm considering getting one. However, I'm not entirely sure that I need it.

I would mostly be getting the tablet for note-taking in class (I'm a college student). How effective are tablets at replacing pencils + notebooks for note-taking?

My main concern is that I will still need to bring my laptop to some classes. I'm a Computer Science student, so I frequently need to do some programming, although not necessarily in-class.

I'm looking for someone who has first-hand experience similar to this so that I can figure out whether I actually need this tablet or if I want it because I find gadgets fascinating.

Thanks for any input. :)

noster420

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I would only use it in class if you have the keyboard or youll fall behind trying to type with a screen. But its very nice to use in class but sometimes i find myself distracted using other apps. I usually stick with my notebook and pencil but occasionally ill bring my transformer with the keyboard.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I would only use it in class if you have the keyboard or youll fall behind trying to type with a screen. But its very nice to use in class but sometimes i find myself distracted using other apps. I usually stick with my notebook and pencil but occasionally ill bring my transformer with the keyboard.

That is exactly why I stick with pen and paper, it would be to easy to get distracted because some classes well they just drag on especially long 3 hour night classes. My transformer is going to be used when I am traveling to watch movies on and the occasional web browsing.