Horrible customer service from Asus

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I sent my other transformer to Asus under rma a couple months ago do to something rattling internally, and the unit not even trying to boot. They replaced the main board and sent it back.

When I go it back, the wireless would constantly freeze saying 'turning off' and only a reboot would reset it. This happened every time the screen timed out. I rma'd it again.

They sent it back with 'no trouble found' despite detailed instructions and it being very easily repeatable. I called back, asked for escalation, and was told a supervisor would call back within 48 hours. 4 days later someone finally called me. They rma'd it again with a promise that a 2nd level tech would look at it. I shipped it back again with detailed instructions on what the problem was and how to repeat it (just let the screen time out).

They shipped it back and the wireless works fine now after replacing a part, but the unit freezes up constantly, and randomly reboots itself. I called back, talked to a supervisor of the friday the 18th. The supervisor claimed he was oing to see what was needed to replace the entire unit and would call and email me the next day. He flat out promised this. I never got a call or an email.

I called back on Tuesday the 22nd, explained the entire problem to another script monkey, and asked for a supervisor again. I was told heir system was down, and a supervisor would call me the next day guaranteed. Now it's Friday the 20th, and I still haven't gotten the promised call from last Friday's supervisor, let alone Tuesday's. And, how still have a non-usable transformer after 3 rma's.

Any ideas on how to get someone there to actually give a crap about their customers service?

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a good experience with them either, but not nearly as bad as yours.

The display on my Transformer was dead. I was able to boot up the tablet, but no matter what I do I still get the blank screen. So I called support and they authorized my return for repair. I shipped it back using UPS so that I could track it. I called them a few days after my package was delivered. They told me they didn't received my package. So I provided them my tracking number. They guy then told me he'll put an investigation into this. A few days later, they found my package and started the repair. All was good until I received my tablet back. It was repaired but there was a noticeable scratch on the edge! I wasn't happy about it but decided not to sent it back again...who knows what else will go wrong next.

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention that my tablet was solid, but after I get it back from service, it is making creaking noises depending on how I'm holding it.

GL with your 4th RMA!

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My new transformer is creaking around the bezel and its driving me insane. Thinking about sending it back. i wish I would have sent it back to overstock as soon as I noticed the creakiness. *face-palm*

vangtommy

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with the RMA. I'm not a big fan of Asus customer support. I had problems with my unit also and had to RMA 4 times untill I got a working unit. I got the same crap of a supervisor will call me back but never did. Hopefully you did not pay for shipping on all the RMAs. If you argue hard that it was Asus Repair Center that did not fully fix the tablet, they will pay for the shipping. You should only have to pay for the first RMA. Two of the RMAs came back as "no problem found" when the unit clearly did not charge. Now I want a tegra 3 tablet but I'll pass on the Prime because of Asus poor customer support.

kcarter3#AC

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i just shipped mine out today...yall got me nervous now. mine stopped charging giving me a red battery symbol. then would not turn on. mine made no creaks...god i hope no problems

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
My transformer is now out of its 5th RMA. It's still randomly rebooting, shutting down completely instead of just the screen sleeping, and refusing to update. The same problems I sent it in for on the 4th RMA. 'Luckily', it went into the boot loop while I was talking to support. I couldn't even get it to shut down. At least now they'll have to fix something.

They had me send it to their corporate support rather than general support this time, so I'm hoping something good will come out of that.

kcarter3#AC

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
just got mine back. Asus csr are so stupid. the spelled my address wrong. i had called 2x to get them to fix it. someone will call you sir to let you know the problem was fixed. no calls! i got fedex to fix it. then when i get tablet back it works...but no charger! they didnt send charger back. the only reason i sent it was because csr told me to. she thought it might be bad. i call back and now the same old ish! some one will call u. i just ordered one from walmart it was the cheapest at 29 bucks. if the send me one i will just have 2. this has been a pain in the butt. i pray this thing dont act up again. oh and fyi that leather skin thing looks great on my tablet. looks custom!

bbuck1222222222

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we too are having trouble with Asus' customer service. We're on our 2nd RMA number for our Desktop computer. The computer would freeze up while you were on it- if you walked away and came back you'd have to hold the power button down to turn the unit off. I called them, they said for me to reset the entire computer back to original settings (delete all info and reset). I then had to reinstall our printer, software, etc..all over again. The unit still froze on us after doing this. I called them again, they wanted me to reset the unit one more time. I refused, as this was not the solution. After talking with them, they decided, yeah ,the unit was defective. The gentleman "said" they would help us out with the shipping cost of the unit. The email came with authorization, RMA #, address and instructions as to where and how to ship. No prepaid shipping label (why do they have to tell me this lie?) We followed the instructions that says: Please address and send the package to: ASUS Service Center 1171 Montague Expressway Milpitas, CA. I shipped the unit to this address, as instructed via the email sent to me on October 3rd. After 3 weeks, I became worried because my unit wasn't back (they promised 7 to 8 working days and they'd have it back). The customer service rep informed me that my unit was shipped to the WRONG location! What? He tried to say "I" shipped it wrongly. Sorry for this company and this rep but, I had the print out in front of me: the instructions, informing him of this info that was emailed to me. He said the unit was shipped wrongly to CA. That they had to ship it to the correct location in Indiana.

The rep said the graphics card was not working properly.

I've called them several times looking for my computer.
The gentleman I talked to on Saturday, Nov. 2nd was a supervisor that said he'd email me as soon as they find out where the unit is. No emails as of yet. They can't tell me where my computer is. They show a release on the unit on Oct. 28th, but they can't figure out where it is. The rep I talked to today (Nov. 6th) said he feared my unit was shipped back to CA, to the location it once was when I shipped it (supposedly) wrongly.

They just apologize repeatedly, but never offer to "REALLY" help.

We really need the computer back, as we homeschool 3 kiddos and rely on the internet and software. We spent a good bit of money on this unit (we needed a good computer for this) and am so sad that it's being shipped via FedEx up and down the United States. I sure hope it doesn't get damaged during all this. I hope it makes it back here, soon...

bbuck1222222222

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, we too are having trouble with Asus' customer service. We're on our 2nd RMA number for our Desktop computer. The computer would freeze up while you were on it- if you walked away and came back you'd have to hold the power button down to turn the unit off. I called them, they said for me to reset the entire computer back to original settings (delete all info and reset). I then had to reinstall our printer, software, etc..all over again. The unit still froze on us after doing this. I called them again, they wanted me to reset the unit one more time. I refused, as this was not the solution. After talking with them, they decided, yeah ,the unit was defective. The gentleman "said" they would help us out with the shipping cost of the unit. The email came with authorization, RMA #, address and instructions as to where and how to ship. No prepaid shipping label (why do they have to tell me this lie?) We followed the instructions that says: Please address and send the package to: ASUS Service Center 1171 Montague Expressway Milpitas, CA. I shipped the unit to this address, as instructed via the email sent to me on October 3rd. After 3 weeks, I became worried because my unit wasn't back (they promised 7 to 8 working days and they'd have it back). The customer service rep informed me that my unit was shipped to the WRONG location! What? He tried to say "I" shipped it wrongly. Sorry for this company and this rep but, I had the print out in front of me: the instructions, informing him of this info that was emailed to me. He said the unit was shipped wrongly to CA. That they had to ship it to the correct location in Indiana.

The rep said the graphics card was not working properly.

I've called them several times looking for my computer.
The gentleman I talked to on Saturday, Nov. 2nd was a supervisor that said he'd email me as soon as they find out where the unit is. No emails as of yet. They can't tell me where my computer is. They show a release on the unit on Oct. 28th, but they can't figure out where it is. The rep I talked to today (Nov. 6th) said he feared my unit was shipped back to CA, to the location it once was when I shipped it (supposedly) wrongly.

They just apologize repeatedly, but never offer to "REALLY" help.

We really need the computer back, as we homeschool 3 kiddos and rely on the internet and software. We spent a good bit of money on this unit (we needed a good computer for this) and am so sad that it's being shipped via FedEx up and down the United States. I sure hope it doesn't get damaged during all this. I hope it makes it back here, soon...