1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Default Thinking of buying this tablet

Well gamestop has this tablet available for $350. So far i have looked at the other tablets from the site such as the galaxy tab, the acer iconia, and the prime. I dont think a quad core tegra 3 is really needed much for me. I do plan on playing games with this device but a quad core right now seems like a bit of an overkill. Are there really any other tablets with a good price and features that match the transformer right now?
    Gamestop sells 4 tablets by the way.

Bought it the day after Black Friday for $299+Tax at GameStop. I am from Germany and the price compared to the German price is ridiculous. Although I hoped to get the newer Prime at this time I am not disappointed. With custom firmware and overclocked kernel it even is as fast as my Samsung Galaxy S2. And pretty stable. No reboot so far. And most games are running great!

Default Re: Thinking of buying this tablet

I would not buy the TF at that price. Best Buy is selling it for $299, and I think you will start to see that become the regular price going forward.

I got mine for $355 which included the keyboard dock. Great little unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlarson_mn View Post
    I got mine for $355 which included the keyboard dock. Great little unit.
    Where/when?

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Where/when?
    I ditto that (Where/When?)

I am in the same boat as the OP. Since I am not a big game player the Quad Tegra 3 is not a real game changer for me. The lighter weight and thinner packaging would be a real plus but who knows when you will be able to get one. As I understand it, this unit (TF101) was sold out for 3 months at launch due to ASUS under estimating the demand and they really don't show any signs of learning this time around either.