Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By terpitude71
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trade up for the transformer prime?

..... that is the question.

Amazon will give $320 credit in great condition for my 32gb, which mine is in, perfect no marks scratches etc. I've got all original materials and the box. I figure I can get $100 for the dock. That would give me $420 towards the $499 transformer prime and $150 dock. Leaves me $199 out of pocket as I have a $30 amazon credit to use.

Would you? I think maybe right now it may be best to wait on ICS and see if it makes it "new" enough again.

Default Re: Trade up for the transformer prime?

IMHO the PRIME has too much fail and more tegra 3 tabs will be released likely with working GPS they are happy to claim in their specs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

True.... but not really a problem for me. I don't need it as a gps device other than the occasional location services or google maps, which wifi works well enough for. I also cannot live without the dock, like I am typing on now. I have no laptop, except a work laptop, so a tablet with a dock like the TF is a must. Hmmm....

My answer is, not I would not
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think that's where I am leaning.... I do not play very many games so what I've got is plenty.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i would at least wait and see how ICS runs on the OG transformer before trading up.
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

I would not do it - heck i think the current gen TF is a pretty great gaming device - I also want to see how the TF does with ICS.

Buying a tablet like this is really never a good financial decision - ever. There is nothing that these tablets do that cannot be done with other tech that you might already have. So having one is a luxury in the first place - if your luxury budget includes that upgrade cost and you cannot think of anything else that the money is better spent on (paying off a credit card, adding to savings, gambling - borrowed this from a list I made on another thread) then go for it.

But if you are asking - I would not.

I've been following this thread. Just curious. Did you make the switch? If yes, how do you like your prime? Do you think it was worth it?

If no, how come you didn't make the switch?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk