Complete backup before repair?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been watching this thread, and waiting for someone more expert to reply to you, but no one has yet, so I will give you my recommendation.

If you don't already have clean copies of your personal data files - photos, videos, music, etc., I would certainly back them up before returning the unit for repair.

If you have an available microSD card or an sdcard, you can just use the File Manager to copy them over from internal memory. If not, you can copy them off to your PC. I use the webDAV feature in the Websharing app to connect to my PC. With the app, you are able to make a connection between the TF and the PC, with a drive letter assignment to the TF, and just copy the stuff over to the PC with File Manager in the PC, or if you want a more automated process, you can use a utility in the PC such as Second Copy for your Backups and subsequent Restores.

As an alternative, I'm sure you could cable the TF to your PC USB port to copy/backup, but I'm happy with the wireless approach, and I've never tried it on the TF, and don't plan to, so I won't attempt to give you instructions on that.

After you have everything backed up, if you are concerned about possible exposure of your personal information, I would also do a Factory Data Reset before shipping it back to them, and be sure to remove any external memory before packing and shipping.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited: