First wave of ICS hits Taiwan

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
From Asus Facebook page:

Dear valued ASUS fans,

ASUS prides itself on delivering the best products to end-users, which means that we not only aim to deliver innovative products but also to continue improving the out of box experience throughout their life cycle with regular firmware updates.

Many of our Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users have waited patiently for the promised Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update and we are delighted to announce that the first wave of FOTA updates for TF101 firmware v.9.2.1.11 started today in Taiwan. The update will FOTA in other regions soon after.

Although we will announce several new innovations at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week, we take great pride in delivering on-going enhancements and support for products that are well into their life cycle.

Thank you once again for your valued support!

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Great news! Wish other manufacturers would take a page out of Asus's Playbook and continue updates on their barely old products.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope people post as they receive it, it would be cool to be able to follow the update. That way we can have a better idea of when it will be available to folks locally.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Man - its things like this that make me realize how much of a nerd that I am - hope it drops soon. Really interested in trying Chrome and playing with the other ICS goodies.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This is great news....I sure hope browsing the internet is way way better. It's so slow and on and off as it is now it's unbelievable. My Droid Razor is smoother and quicker. Does anyone know if they talked about a better browsing experience?

Joel

kiwispire

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so after a couple of hours testing the performance seems to be up to scratch and an improvement.

Haven't really tried browsing yet and a few application crashes but I'm not blaming that on the ICS update of course.

Battery life is holding up very well thusfar.

Adds a number of new options including from ASUS a task manager type widget as well as an Applock type thing. No face unlock feature though.

I've got to head out but will expand on this or answer any queries I can from people when I return as well as give a full list of additonal features / apps that are bundled with the update.

grimmace193

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
holy ,its fast. the look is different and everything was noticeably faster as soon as I touched the screen. even browsing with opera was better. I am back in love with my transformer!

garyf33

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded and back up and running and so far so good. Browser is faster and some other things look different.

Live in PA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance