Battery Life after ICS

livewiremaxx

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice a battery life change after ICS update?
I know that I could go a week without turning it off and having to charge it up if I just use it for little bit of internet, books and magazines. Right now it seems 3 days now with little usage.

GPS off, wireless off etc...

I just seem to think the battery life changed with the update but have3nt seen anyone talking aout it

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've wondered about this myself.

It feels like the battery is draining a little faster than it used to with HC.

-Suntan

luvdemheels

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Very bad on mine since update also if I leave it then it just shuts it self down. Almost worthless now since the update. I hope a fix is out soon.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice a battery life change after ICS update?
I know that I could go a week without turning it off and having to charge it up if I just use it for little bit of internet, books and magazines. Right now it seems 3 days now with little usage.

GPS off, wireless off etc...

I just seem to think the battery life changed with the update but have3nt seen anyone talking aout it

It's possible that you are being affected by the reboots that are occurring for some on ICS, which can cause the TF to go out of Deep Sleep while idle.

I've been carefully monitoring mine for spontaneous reboots, using the Reboot Logger app. I am finding that battery loss, while in Deep Sleep, as long as no reboots have occurred, is about 0.2% per hour, with the TF docked, and not on the charger, which is consistent with the discharge rate prior to ICS. If a spontaneous reboot has occurred while the TF was idle, the battery can be drained fairly quickly.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

narok90

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
II had the random reboots and lockups too.. I did a wipe and reinstalled and setup everything and that got rid of my locking up and reboots.. However, the battery life sucks compared to honeycomb. I have been doing some research and I haven't found the problem yet. But if I go to settings and batter it shows the device is always awake!I I can't figure out what is keeping the tablet awake.... I'm sure it's probally a few bug.... If anyone figures this out please let me know. I just hope they release a update soon.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I installed the rooted ICS build fresh after a full wipe and haven't had any reboots or issues with the tablet staying awake. The batt life isn't particularly egregious, and it could just be all in my head.

While we're on the subject, anyone notice the thing might be playing back audio a little quieter than before? I sat down to do one of the Openhouse Media books with my son this evening and even with the audio cranked, it was hard to hear.

-Suntan

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I installed the rooted ICS build fresh after a full wipe and haven't had any reboots or issues with the tablet staying awake. The batt life isn't particularly egregious, and it could just be all in my head.

While we're on the subject, anyone notice the thing might be playing back audio a little quieter than before? I sat down to do one of the Openhouse Media books with my son this evening and even with the audio cranked, it was hard to hear.

-Suntan

Regarding the low volume, yes I agree. There was a thread recently on that subject. The suggestion was made to use the Equalizer app to compensate. I am now using it, and it does help.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
II had the random reboots and lockups too.. I did a wipe and reinstalled and setup everything and that got rid of my locking up and reboots.. However, the battery life sucks compared to honeycomb. I have been doing some research and I haven't found the problem yet. But if I go to settings and batter it shows the device is always awake!I I can't figure out what is keeping the tablet awake.... I'm sure it's probally a few bug.... If anyone figures this out please let me know. I just hope they release a update soon.

Suggest that you try the Badass Battery Monitor to identify which apps are keeping your TF awake. It will require that you track it undocked, as the dual battery causes the app to think it's always fully charged, and also give it some time to accumulate data.