TF101 ICS Update Issues

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That's not too attractive. I saw a comment in another thread that the only way to avoid the pestering requires that the TF must be rooted. I was hoping to avoid adding root during this period of instability, but if I must do it, I will.

Am I correct in assuming that you downgraded to HC, and have eliminated your problem? Which problem did you have?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The problems I had was spontaneous reboots and reboot hangs killing my battery...also unable to open PDF files with MyLibrary, and WiFi dropping out and requires a restart. Downgrading back to HC resolved all those issues.

Running newest ICS now and as you'll see from my latest post...at least one problem is back.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The problems I had was spontaneous reboots and reboot hangs killing my battery...also unable to open PDF files with MyLibrary, and WiFi dropping out and requires a restart. Downgrading back to HC resolved all those issues.

Running newest ICS now and as you'll see from my latest post...at least one problem is back.

We're pretty much in the same place now, both dealing with the spontaneous reboots and hangs during Deep Sleep. I'm thinking now that I will just return to a limp along mode in ICS, being sure to put the tab on the charger, or power it off, whenever I expect to leave it unattended for an extended period. At some point, ASUS , must come up with a new release that fixes this issue.

herbz

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use my tf today... sleep mode drained my battery.... definitely going to power it down tonight... hope this is fixed asap what an annoyance! agreed chrome is beta btw regarding my previous posts.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I left my transformer on battery at home today in my bed while I'm here at work. I'm gonna see where the battery is at when I get home in about two hours. Hopefully it hasn't rebooted or shut down. If it hasn't I'm gonna say that this update on my transformer was a success. I shouldn't say success I guess because I still have screen tearing. Ill update...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
After over two weeks, I finally got a response from ASUS to my support ticket. It started with an apology for the delay, due to some lost emails, and suggested that my problem is a data issue, suggesting that I do a Cold Reboot, and if that fails, to request an RMA to return the TF for repair.

After all of the problems we have coped with since the ICS release, and then the ICS v2 release, and all of the various and sundry workarounds that have been proposed and tried, I have serious doubts that ASUS really has a handle on the problem, but I did the Cold Reboot as requested this morning.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I left my transformer on battery at home today in my bed while I'm here at work. I'm gonna see where the battery is at when I get home in about two hours. Hopefully it hasn't rebooted or shut down. If it hasn't I'm gonna say that this update on my transformer was a success. I shouldn't say success I guess because I still have screen tearing. Ill update...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Got home. Had it off charger for 8+ hours. 93% battery, no reboots. I think the update fixed most of my ICS issues other than screen tear with the 7+apps on the recent apps list.

grimmace193

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the tegra zone fix? Mine was worst after update #2 and I read in another thread to disable notifications in the tegra zone. I thought it seemed a little fishy but why not (who really uses tegra zone anyway). Since I did that,no random reboots,hasn't gotten stuck in boot loop and is back to normal. Going on 3 days now and the problems were constant before. Sorry if you covered earlier in the thread.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I had been warning my mom off of updating until things were worked out with Asus, but on Wednesday, she updated anyway (accidentally, it seems). I was over to check up on her and noticed the beautiful Roboto font on the clock and immediately knew she had done it. She was apologizing profusely to me, figuring she'd done something horrible to her beloved tablet.

We sat there for an hour running it through its paces and it never displayed any of the symptoms of the the ICS bugs. Knock wood. I opened about ten apps in quick succession, showed her how to swipe to remove apps, updated apps in the Play Store, went through the settings... You name it, we tried it.

The only niggle: Since upgrading, she didn't have any audio. Everything looked good in settings, so we did a simple reboot that fixed it. Google Music was up and playing just fine.

I have to admit: The snappiness of the interface needs to be seen to be believed! It puts my HC XOOM to shame (when will Verizon allow the ICS upgrade already?) and felt even smoother than my Galaxy Nexus. No joke. Sigh...

TJH

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the tegra zone fix? Mine was worst after update #2 and I read in another thread to disable notifications in the tegra zone. I thought it seemed a little fishy but why not (who really uses tegra zone anyway). Since I did that,no random reboots,hasn't gotten stuck in boot loop and is back to normal. Going on 3 days now and the problems were constant before. Sorry if you covered earlier in the thread.

I disabled stupid tegra zone over 24 hours ago and no reboot since then. Might be too soon to declare the fix, need to watch it for few more days, but its already promising since my tablet has been locking/rebooting every night.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the rooted but stock ICS release and then screwed it up by trying to flash revolver rom. Recovered and flashed the online original ICS. Didn't lose root, not sure why. Everything works fine. Good battery, no resets. I am inclined not to upgrade to the fix.

grimmace193

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

scratch that... just caught it boot looping. #=$# YOU ASUS!!!!!

grimmace193

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I will say this, it is a lot better after the Tegra fix. Before it was doing the boot loop if I left it alone for more than an hour and rebooting often. now just once so far.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Could it be the reboots would just stop on its own? I've done nothing to fix it and I'm 74 hours now without a single problem.

Edit: I should mention that I do have one problem. I have to turn wifi off then on when waking the tablet from sleep.

Last edited:

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
anyone having volume issues? the sound (notifications, media, everything) on my TF eventually stops working and the only fix is a reset. Also having auto-rotate problems where it will stop working. The fix for that appears to be cycling the auto-rotate button. I apologize if this is on the forum already but i haven't seen it.

kwright817

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
anyone having volume issues? the sound (notifications, media, everything) on my TF eventually stops working and the only fix is a reset. Also having auto-rotate problems where it will stop working. The fix for that appears to be cycling the auto-rotate button. I apologize if this is on the forum already but i haven't seen it.
I have had both. Pretty annoying.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
My sound is being weird. When I get a notification (or play the notification sounds manually) it sounds garbled. I rebooted and it was better but then did it again later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss