Transformer Update

dfox11

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got notification of a system update. Hopefully this will fix the ICS issues. Installation is finishing now...
New build number is IML74K.US_epad-9.21.17-20120312

hockeyhippie

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I got the update and installed it...after rebooting it was still greeted by that annoying double "Android.process.media has stopped" error. I can live with that if it fixes the random reboots though. :)

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Nice, time to give ICS another try. Just installed the update and can already see one problem I had that is fixed. I can open pdf files again in MyLibrary. Now if random reboots/shutdowns are gone, this might be good to go.

silvra7

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Someone said the "Android.process.media has stopped" error was related to Google Currents. I had removed it and it didn't make the problem go away. I did a wipe of my Transformer a few days ago and I haven't gotten the error since. I also didn't reinstall Currents. Additionally I think I've only noticed one random reboot since my Wipe so lets hope this update helps fix that. Best of luck

El Guero

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know where to find a change log? I have looked, but can't seem to find one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I manually upgraded to ICS this past weekend... and did factory resets before and after. It had been running fine since then and did allow me to get rid of cruft that had built up. And now I see that update and just installed it. Really liking ICS.

ktech11

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Updated last night and still get the Android.process.media error and had 1 random reboot about an hour after installing it, but none since. Jury is still out for me

sytech55

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Prior to this latest update I had issue with sleep mode actually shutting down and always had to hold power button to restart. Also was annoyed by the android.process.media issue.
After update, have noticed sleep mode not going into shutdown. Still have issue on startup of android.process.media. This is ok for now. Haven't notice anything else.

This update has definitely improved the ICS experience.
Thank you ASUS.

hockeyhippie

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting fewer reboots, but they are still happening. I was just thinking "Wow, no reboot since this morning!" and I clicked on a gmail message... boom! :(

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The issues i had were the same as sytech55. The only time it would falter was when it was asleep. I'd go to wake it back up only to find it completely off. I'd then have to hold the power button for a good 10secs before it would turn back on.

So far so good since i updated this morning(fingers crossed). It is running more smoothly since the update, but that's always the case in my experience with any device.

@TonyLibations

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Very disappointed in asus!! :'(

The ics update and now the 3-13 update has turned my tablet into a useless piece of crap.

I'm disappointed as well. While the latest update may have fixed some things, the spontaneous reboots are a major problem (especially when it hangs on reboot).

koxler

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I applied the update yesterday evening. I was getting the random reboot issue if I left the device alone for more than 30 minutes unplugged. So far it has been much better. Overnight no reboot and it seems to be working great.

Someone said the "Android.process.media has stopped" error was related to Google Currents. I had removed it and it didn't make the problem go away. I did a wipe of my Transformer a few days ago and I haven't gotten the error since. I also didn't reinstall Currents. Additionally I think I've only noticed one random reboot since my Wipe so lets hope this update helps fix that. Best of luck

For the Android.process.media problem I did have that also and have had it in the past. My understanding is that it is a problem with gmail or calendar sync. If you go into settings for those applications and clear cache and data it should go away. I did have to do this after my update yesterday and since then the problem hasn't come back.

Kenny

Reactions: TonyLibations

electric1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they pulled this last update, because its not available on my tablet. When I check for updates it says there are none, but my build is from original ICS upgrade few weeks back.

I'm also having annoying shutdowns during sleep, I thought it was some buggy market app, but after I saw many others having same issue its clearly an ASUS issue.

Can someone confirm the last update is still available today?

Cuppojoe

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they pulled this last update, because its not available on my tablet. When I check for updates it says there are none, but my build is from original ICS upgrade few weeks back.

I'm also having annoying shutdowns during sleep, I thought it was some buggy market app, but after I saw many others having same issue its clearly an ASUS issue.

Can someone confirm the last update is still available today?

I've been checking for the update periodically over the last 2 days, but it is still not available for me. I am in Canada... Can anyone confirm whether or not it is available OTA in Canada yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay