Application issues since the ICS updates.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the threads on issues since the ICS updates (both the initial one and the one that started to push last night). They all seem to deal with random reboots and sleep issues.

I have not experienced these issues. I have only noticed a few things, mainly related to specific applications. The first one is that while playing Amazon Prime streaming content, I have to alternate between full screen and normal mode several times before I can get it to stream properly. I'm not sure if this is a Flash issue or stock browser issue.

The other problems have to do with apps from a specific developer. I have tried playing 3 different games from Glu Mobile (Contract Killers - Zombies, SAMURAI vs ZOMBIES DEFENSE and WSOP HOLD'EM LEGEND). The only one that I played before the update was Contract Killers. Each game will let you begin playing. After a few minutes of game play, it freezes and you get an application has stopped responding error.

Just wanted to share what I have found. I am by no means a heavy user, and have not tested every app I have.

Anyone else having App issues?

Reactions: TonyLibations

bluangelford

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
i have issues with facebook in which i can't post items sometimes but it is being accessed with the stock browser but the application is also faulty. I also have problems when i turn on the tablet from sleep that my wireless is deactivated....i have to hit the key on the keyboard to reactivate it.....

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The first ics update was golden for me. No issues whatsoever, then the second update comes out and now I've gotten random reboots, freeze on booting up at Asus logo and finally a boot loop at Asus logo. Can I go back to prior update?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm gonna try a factory reset. Angry Birds Seasons is the latest that decided to force close. I think I will also try re-installing the apps instead of just doing a backup.

Angelworks

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Gmail quits frequently.

The only different about my setup compared to most peoples is I have a gmail account and an Google Apps account.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not had issues with Gmail because I don't normally use it on my tablet.

I do believe I have solved my problem. I was considering a factory reset, but while reading another thread here I saw that others were having issues with Currents. I deleted Currents, re-booted the tablet and have not had a game crash since. I played Angry Birds Seasons for a while and also Shadowgun for a bit.

I have not tested everything that crashed yet, but will update as issues occur.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am continuing to have intermittent app crashes. The $64,000.00 question is do I do a factory reset or wait until Asus releases another update???

JPSanchez

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing that my Asus Transformer restarts itself: if I turn it off, and then left it overnight to recharge the battery, in the morning it's in standby mode, when it should be completely off. Other times when it's stored, in off mode, I come back and it's on. Anyone experiencing the same? Anyone who has corrected this issue?

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Like gmen78, I had no problem with the first update upgrading to ICS - golden. The fix/update/whatever that came out after has been quite problematic.
Many of my problems may be able to be resolved with some cache and data clearing, but the number one problem I'm having since update 2 is that I can't do it. When I try through any method, the "computing . . ." never ends and the buttons are greyed out. Cache clearing apps also will not work.
I have problems starting Tegra games and few others - they open and then after appearing to go to the game screen, they shut down.
I use multiple gmail accounts and when I open gmail from notifications, it shuts down immediately.
And I started getting that annoying media message about every 10 minutes.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I cannot even play angry birds space. what a shame. my son loves it and it used to give him some quiet down time. completely unusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol